DV to Sherman

There is ALOT of info on this board about what to do with Sherman. I am dealing with them right now as well. Do a search on them within this board. Send them an ITS letter. However, if you do that, make sure you intend to follow through with suits. Keep up a paper trail and save all of your correspondence. As far as collection agencies goes and debt validation, read these threads.....

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/rebuild/debt_validation_workflow.shtml

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/eBooks/PoorMansClassActionLawsuit.shtml

so I should request verification method from the CRA and at the same time, demand Sherman delete the trade line, correct? Any sample letter for steps anywhere or should I call the CRA? They are also reporting DLA as 10/04. I haven't paid them anything. Is calling them and asking them what the debt is for considered activity on the account???

so I should request verification method from the CRA and at the same time, demand Sherman delete the trade line, correct? Any sample letter for steps anywhere or should I call the CRA? They are also reporting DLA as 10/04. I haven't paid them anything. Is calling them and asking them what the debt is for considered activity on the account???

YES! You should do a method of verification with the CRAs. Let them know that you have DV'd Sherman and if they verify w/o Sherman validating the debt to you, the CRA may be in violation of the FRCA for non-compliance. Also, if they don't list the Sherman account "in dispute" on your credit report, that's a violation as well. Just save all of your paperwork!