Help with re-aging acct.

Sandy67

Hi Guys! I am not sure what to do here. I want to do this right the first time!

DH has an "alleged" debt with DOFD being 10/1997. Was on report til it went obsolete 1/05.

New collection co. started writing letters this past September when DH was out of the country for 2 mos. We have not responded at all.

Second letter from them came a couple months later that said they will take whatever actions they can.

Third letter comes a couple weeks ago wanting to set up monthly pymts.

Valentines Day, it is put on TU! A-holes! Called TU and they said DOFD is 8/03 remains until 7/2010!

I know we have to DV this CA, 1-2 punch, but when the green card comes back from the CA and we dispute with TU, do we say not mine or obsolete?

Or should we skip the DV right now and just dispute TU as obsolete?

Another question..when we DV the CA should it just be the simple we dispute this or should we say this is obsolete from suing and reporting?

Please help!!! Thanks!

That's another problem. We don't have any paper work that DH can find. It is with a University (tuition), so he knows that he set up payment plans for Fall of 1997 and paid only the first month. Would the school be required to give him their accounting info?

INTENT TO SUE....The way this seems, you should just get the paperwork sue for sure, you could easily win... Of course thats my opinion.

If you run a detailed report, wouldnt it show the dates of your loan? Balance amounts and dates? I would think if you do not have anything paperwise, maybe the CRA will have actually done what they are supposed to do....Compile accurate information maybe... :-)=