Planetfeedback question

ElorraM

I want to use planetfeedback for a goodwill letter. When I went to their site it asks you to pick a category. I have a :

-complaint

-compliment

-question

-suggestion

What should I choose for goodwill? Should I choose question?

Thanks. Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question.

• 10 months later...

I have spent some time carefully reading and reviewing the different policies posted at http://www.planetfeedback.com .

I plan to use PFB to contact two different credit card companies about a request for goodwill.

Therefore, I am assuming that in order to facilitate my requests that I ought to provide in my letters to the two credit card companies my name, address, telephone number, and credit card account numbers (particularly since these accounts were closed several years ago which means that the information might now be in the company's archive department).

It is the idea of including my credit card numbers that made me notice something that is apparently not offered by PFB: a secure server.

Even if I were to decide to not include my credit card number, I think I still would have found myself hesitating about the fact that, according to people's experiences with PFB, at the time that those people were ready to submit their letters there was no padlock icon in the corner of the web browser.

It appears that as far as the handling and the storage of personal information, PFB has good policies. But wouldn't it be a good idea if PFB used a secure server so that there is no chance of information being intercepted during the transmission of the letter from the user's computer over to wherever it is that your computers are ?

Below I excerpted the parts that I thought were most important regarding handling of personal information.

Thank you in advance for any comments or experiences from anyone on this board

http://www.planetfeedback.com/index.php?level2=termsandconditions

"4. Ownership of Content

By submitting content, which shall include your member name, to any "public area" of the Site or Application, including message boards, forums, contests and chat rooms or by submitting content for transmission to a third party, you grant PlanetFeedback, its affiliates, and the parties to whom such content is addressed a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right (including any moral rights) and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, communicate to the public, perform and display the content and any copyright rights, trademark rights, and other intellectual property rights contained therein (collectively, the "Rights") (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, for the full term of any Rights that may exist in such content."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.planetfeedback.com/index.php?level2=privacy

"How we use cookies

Our site uses "cookies" to make your experience at our site specific to you. Currently, if you set your browser to reject cookies, you cannot use PlanetFeedback."

"Information Collected and Use and Disclosure of Information

Our site’s registration form requires users to give us contact information (like your name and e-mail address), basic demographic information (like your zip code, age, gender, and education level), and a password. We may use your contact information to get in touch with you when necessary (for instance, to get more information about a company you’re contacting, to see what follow-up action you may want us to take, or if you send feedback on us).

[....] The letter generator also collects feedback in a structured format, resulting in reportable aggregate data. Demographic and satisfaction data is collected and shared with third parties. We use this data in aggregate form [...] .

[....] We will always ask you for permission before sharing your contact information with third parties interested in sending information and promotional offers about their products and services. We use an "opt-in" process, [...]

[....] PlanetFeedback uses contractors and third-party service providers to assist in certain of its operations. Sometimes it is necessary for these contractors and service providers to access databases containing personally identifiable user information in order to provide services to PlanetFeedback. Such contractors and service providers are not permitted to use or disclose such information except for the purpose of providing services to PlanetFeedback."

"Security

PlanetFeedback has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Data is stored on separate servers that exist behind secured firewalls. (A firewall is a built-in computer feature that keeps a Web site or server safe from intrusion by other computer users or other servers)."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.planetfeedback.com/index.php?level2=faq

"2. What happens after the letter is sent?

If you've registered on our site, we store a copy of your letter in the My Feedback section in case you need it in the future."

"5. So if you don't charge me anything, how do you make money?

[....] When you give feedback, we remove your personal data -- your name, for example, and your e-mail address -- from the details of your feedback, such as whether you're filing a complaint about food or a suggestion about customer service. We don't do anything with your personal data unless you specifically ask us to.

[....] We do sell the anonymously pooled and analyzed information to the companies you're writing about in your letters so they can see how they stack up compared to others in their industry."

"21. Will you post my letters?

[....] But in keeping with our commitment to privacy, we'll never publish yours unless we get your OK first. (Sorry! This function isn't available for letters sent to companies that are not in our database)."

I got "yelled" at by a creditor. They wanted to know how I got their email address.

It was quickly (and rudely) explained that they did not authorize PFB to list their email address and they "will be taking immediate action". LMAO!

Come to find out, the email addy's listed on PFB aren't always there by the recipient's choice - many are from online sources - like Google, for example.

Needless to say, they didn't accept my goodwill letter with open arms and warm thoughts. :lol:

• 1 month later...

I used to use planet feedback a lot 2 or 3 years ago, then i kinda let my credit repair slip. I went back to planet feedback and it was gone, I recently noticed it was back online. Does anyone know if it is still successful? One company I didnt get a reply from on planet feedback was sears. Which really sucks cause I had risk management( rmapur-buff-rmspur)or so it says on my credit report. Now it is nco, and I am almost positive they reaged the account by 6-12 months. Unfortunately I have no proof at all, (no statements and the listings on my reports dont give the date i believe it should be)