Help with RMA please

hopeful

RMA just told me that my account isn't past the SOL. So correct me if i'm right the SOL is from the date of last activity correct? Here is what the TL says items as of date reported 2/2005 amount past due $2,232 payment of amount $0 Date of last Activity 10/1998 This is past the SOL right? Thanks so much for your help.

When does the Statute of Limitations start?

From SOL above

You might be asking yourself, "It has been such a long time since my "open account" has had any activity. When does my Statute of Limitations started ticking." Use your credit report as a reference. Your credit report will tell you the date of last activity for your account. You will have your credit report with the date of last activity and a certified letter stating that the statute of limitations expired.

Depending on what state you live in, if you make a partial payment, you could be postponing the Statute of Limitations' taking effect on your collection account or charge-off. A collector might call you one day and say you waived your rights when you made a deal with the collection agency. Do not take anything a collector tells you for granted. Make them prove it to you, in or out of court. For about half the population, the Statute of Limitations started ticking the day they made the last payment for their account.

RMA are dipsticks. That account was charged off, it should not be reporting as open!! The SOL is up, this should be going off your reports soon. I would check to see if the DOLA is accurate, RMA has been jerking me around and they are on my list for lawsuit activity. Also look for old dunning letters, they usually change the amount of the debt too...like I said, RMA = MORONS!

Look on old credit reports for the OC tradeline. Chances are this account may have been reported by another CA, find a TL of this account with a different DOLA and you have them. That is just one of MANY violations I got them on right now, my lawyer will probably find a bunch I didn't know about. Have you sent a DV letter yet? They will ignore you, make sure you send it CMRRR and also disopute it with the CRA's so they verify and you can nail them for a few more violations. They will not be able to validate...they are dumba$$e$! Good Luck!

Thanks I did send DV letter and they verified and of course they didn't validate with me. I have them on 4 or 5 violations but still no luck on getting them to remove the TL. I don't have any old CR because I just started fixing my CR in Jan. 2005. Any other suggestions on how to find out the DOLA?

Are they reporting the account as "in dispue" on the credit reports? If not add another violation. I sent several letters to RMA and they are now refusing any mail from me. They like to ignore letters. I guess they will respond to the federal lawsuit that should be arriving to their Registered Agent shortly. Also dispute with the CRA's again and let them know they didn't validate. If the sears account was yours, look through some old paperwork and see if you can find your bank account stuff to see when the last payment would have been. You may be able call sears and see if they have any information but I doubt they would.

No they didn't report the account in dispute. I did report to the credit bureaus again that they didn't validate and they still won't remove it. This has been the hardest one to get off my CR so far. I have already had 6 TL and 3 inquiries removed.