Debt Cosolidation, NEED TO REPAIR CREDIT PLEASE HELP!!!

toyoungforthis

Hello to all,

I am new to this, So please bare with me, I am in my early 20's and debt got out of control, So I contacted a consumer counseling group, They are taking over all my payments, while I am making payments to them, Jsut lowering my interest preety much.. How can I improve my credit, I ma not supposed to get any new credit cards, I am going to need a new car in like 5 or 6 months, and probably a loan, I dont want my credit to be totally shot, I wonder if I did the right thing or not, If ANYONE Knows the lasting effects of this please let me know, PLEASE HELP me with how I can improve my score... Thanks A lot!! All Help is Greatly Appreciated...

Well, just HOW bad is it? Did you just get caught in the debt? Are you 30 days late? Are you 90 days late? Do you have charge-offs? Collectors?

It all depends on how far behind you are and such.

And, most people on here would suggest you leave the cccs place....they normall screw more things up than they fix.

Thanks for the reply,

My score with the 3 major CB's is around 550, I have no charge-offs, I have a total of 7 credit accounts, all of which are on the cccs program, I have a totla of 20 inquirys over the past couple of years, I have paid only 1 account 90 days late, but all of them are being paid on time by the cccs company... I think most of my credit accounts were 30 days late at least once in the past year or so, I have no active credit accounts now, I've heard both good things and bad things about cccs companies, but I had to do something, and their locally and had no outrageous fees, I just need to know some steps of what I can do, How long will this be bad, etc, I hope more of this info helps,, I highly appreciate your help.

Thanks Again