Equifax Reinserted...

CLM

Equifax recently reinserted two accounts that were previously deleted from my report. When I called Equifax, the representative told me that she did see where I had disputed the account a few months ago, but the OC decided to report it again. I explained to the rep that the account was never mine and when I contacted the OC they were unable to confirm that I was the owner of the account. She said it didn't matter and it would have to go through the 30 day investigation period. I explained that Equifax has violated my rights and I now had no choice but to take legal action. At that point the story quickly changed. The representative then tells me that both accounts would be removed within 3 business days. She wasn't able to tell me why her story changed from 30 to 3 days. I don't know if it made a difference, but the whole conversation changed once she knew that I was aware of my rights.

I'm also happy to say that the accounts were gone today... one day later.

Knowledge IS ammunition! I wouldn't have known without this forum. Thanks!

OK.....

I have a Q for ya'll.

EQ also reinserted a deleted CA. I have yet to receive anything in the mail about reinsertion. HOWEVER, because I am a member of EQ site, I got their "Alert" that something has changed.

Does this count for them notifying me?

OK.....

I have a Q for ya'll.

EQ also reinserted a deleted CA. I have yet to receive anything in the mail about reinsertion. HOWEVER, because I am a member of EQ site, I got their "Alert" that something has changed.

Does this count for them notifying me?