Is Experian stalling ?

I sent out a certified letter to Experian to investigate several erroneous TLs

and received the following response:

" We are responding to your request to investigate items on your personal credit report. The address you supplied has never been reported. To assist

you we must verify your current mailing address . Please send us two items that verify your current mailing address."

Should I just send them what they want or should I look at this as a stalling tactic.

Some useful info:

I sent the certified letter on Jan. 27, 2005 and received Experian's response on Feb. 3, 2005.

I do indeed have a new address as of Nov. 2004.

Any input would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks to all on this board for all the great info.

Send them what they want, IMO. If your new address is news to them, they are just verifying your identity. Send everything CMRRR as you already have. I beleive their 30 day investigation period begins the day they receive your confirmation of identity (could be wrong). Since its been a month, you may also want to include a copy of your original letter for their convenience (and so they know you know what you know, ya know?).

Good luck. :)

Val

True, they get an additional; 15 days. I always forget that part.

You could be a smarty-pants and just send them back the copy of the letter tehy just sent you askng for address verification, plus a DL or bill or something.

I dunno... they may not like that.

True, they get an additional; 15 days. I always forget that part.

You could be a smarty-pants and just send them back the copy of the letter tehy just sent you askng for address verification, plus a DL or bill or something.

I dunno... they may not like that.