Is this re-aging an account?

forgop

Letters to all 3 bureaus and I disputed every negative TL on my report. I contested all of the inquiries and none have been deleted. By my calculations, I had 15 deletes, but it also appears that I show 4 re-aged. Here are my re-aged that I'm seeking advice on:

1). In report dated 2/10, XPN last reported 11/2002 in collection and 90+ on 3 occasions. All 3 bureaus report paid as a charge off, but EXP last shows in collection on 2/2005.

2). In report dated 2/10, XPN last reported 10/2002 in collection/charge off and 90+ on 4 occasions. All 3 bureaus report paid as a charge off, but EXP shows in collection for 4/2003 to 2/2005, but ok on 3/2005.

3). In report dated 2/10, XPN never even reported an account, although EFX and TUC had last reported 8/2001. EFX and TU are now deleted, but now EXP reports in collection for 2/2005 but ok in 3/2005.

4). In report dated 2/10, TU last reported 11/2000 90+ on 3 occasions. TU's "dots" show 120 days P/D reported 2/2005, but status says paid or paying as agreed. EQ has no "dots" showing, but status says at least 120 days or more past due.

Is there anyone experienced in this that can confirm or deny the above updates are wrong? Any suggestions???

Those are way off. I'm assuming you're not reading the "reported as of" dates and misreading them as re-aged.

A paid chargeoff obviously cannot be an outstanding collection in March of 2005. Same holds true for any other accounts they decided to update like that.

I would write a strong letter stating they did not properly investigate the information and specifically point out they updated a "paid account" to "currently in collections". Demand deletion.

A procedural request will not get you any information other than a standard statement outlining how they 'investigate' (I use the term lightly).

Give that a try.

Those are way off. I'm assuming you're not reading the "reported as of" dates and misreading them as re-aged.

A paid chargeoff obviously cannot be an outstanding collection in March of 2005. Same holds true for any other accounts they decided to update like that.

I would write a strong letter stating they did not properly investigate the information and specifically point out they updated a "paid account" to "currently in collections". Demand deletion.

A procedural request will not get you any information other than a standard statement outlining how they 'investigate' (I use the term lightly).

Give that a try.

Give that a try.

I agree with Doc, also when you write your strong letter, (not threatening but firmly) If it were me I would send CC's (Carbon Copies) to your state attorney general, secretary of state, BBB, and those in other states where applicable. I.E. location of reporting company.

There seems to be a lot of this improper investigating going on, where as they delete mortgage accounts, or revolving accounts which are current and in good standing, or they send a letter stating one thing and the report(s) reflect another.

Another thing you could do is call Experian on the phone and feel the person out, if they're a flake then end the call with a thank you if they seem like they have a positive attitude then they may help you to correct the oversight.

Obviously your just going to have to keep working on it. Also if it were me, I worked on selective items instead of trying to do everything at once, maybe focus on 1 or 2 items per phone call, then call back in a couple of days if you do try the land lines vs. letter writing. I'm wondering if someone on the creditor end screwed up when they up linked to the reporting company(s)

Also I had one retard creditor submit an account 3 times when the item was in dispute and DV with them, I escalated that to fraud and got them all removed eventually and sick’d the attorney general on the agency, probably could have sued them too, not worth my time. Others may have time or resources that I simply do not, so don't be discourage to file suit if you know you have a CA on a violation, I would tend to want to stay away from a suit with the RC's because they obviously will have your number for the rest of your life :wink:

G/L

Give that a try.

I agree with Doc, also when you write your strong letter, (not threatening but firmly) If it were me I would send CC's (Carbon Copies) to your state attorney general, secretary of state, BBB, and those in other states where applicable. I.E. location of reporting company.

There seems to be a lot of this improper investigating going on, where as they delete mortgage accounts, or revolving accounts which are current and in good standing, or they send a letter stating one thing and the report(s) reflect another.

Another thing you could do is call Experian on the phone and feel the person out, if they're a flake then end the call with a thank you if they seem like they have a positive attitude then they may help you to correct the oversight.

Obviously your just going to have to keep working on it. Also if it were me, I worked on selective items instead of trying to do everything at once, maybe focus on 1 or 2 items per phone call, then call back in a couple of days if you do try the land lines vs. letter writing. I'm wondering if someone on the creditor end screwed up when they up linked to the reporting company(s)

Also I had one retard creditor submit an account 3 times when the item was in dispute and DV with them, I escalated that to fraud and got them all removed eventually and sick’d the attorney general on the agency, probably could have sued them too, not worth my time. Others may have time or resources that I simply do not, so don't be discourage to file suit if you know you have a CA on a violation, I would tend to want to stay away from a suit with the RC's because they obviously will have your number for the rest of your life :wink:

G/L