A$$et Acceptance

Grace

Good "ol Asset

I am trying to pay off a Providian account. My date of last activity and theirs don't match, and in addition, they are not reporting the last date of activity that THEY say they have. They are reporting a date in 2003 as the charge-off date, and going out 180 days from the 2003 date.

They REFUSE to give me a letter saying ANYTHING. I am asking for a letter from them stating the correct information. When I receive that,

I'll pay. They tell me when they get the check, then they will mail me a paid in full letter, and that the derog will fall off in 2008 automatically.

I am so sick of them screaming at me when I ask for the correct date to be reported. Anyone ever talk to Jarrott? How about Al Albano?

HELP I am ready to tear up the check.

Good "ol Asset

I am trying to pay off a Providian account. My date of last activity and theirs don't match, and in addition, they are not reporting the last date of activity that THEY say they have. They are reporting a date in 2003 as the charge-off date, and going out 180 days from the 2003 date.

They REFUSE to give me a letter saying ANYTHING. I am asking for a letter from them stating the correct information. When I receive that,

I'll pay. They tell me when they get the check, then they will mail me a paid in full letter, and that the derog will fall off in 2008 automatically.

I am so sick of them screaming at me when I ask for the correct date to be reported. Anyone ever talk to Jarrott? How about Al Albano?

HELP I am ready to tear up the check.

Okay, so if this is Asset collecting on a Providian account and you're talking with them on the phone and they're screaming at you...that's a violation of the FDCPA....in addition to the reaging.

Not sure about your state, but you might think about recording the conversation. Do a search about that on the forum here...

Also...admirable that you want to pay your debts, but if this is truly with Asset now, you don't owe them squat. And by giving them money, you're just encouraging them to continue to hassle others...

Okay, so if this is Asset collecting on a Providian account and you're talking with them on the phone and they're screaming at you...that's a violation of the FDCPA....in addition to the reaging.

Not sure about your state, but you might think about recording the conversation. Do a search about that on the forum here...

Also...admirable that you want to pay your debts, but if this is truly with Asset now, you don't owe them squat. And by giving them money, you're just encouraging them to continue to hassle others...

>>>>Also...admirable that you want to pay your debts, but if this is truly with Asset now, you don't owe them squat. And by giving them money, you're just encouraging them to continue to hassle others...>>>>>

I understand. That's why I cannot believe they won't even accept FULL payment in return for sending me a letter with the correct information.

I have a check from a trust account, so I cannot change the amount, but if I don't cash it, I keep the money anyway.

I think I will continue to record the conversations.

>>>>Also...admirable that you want to pay your debts, but if this is truly with Asset now, you don't owe them squat. And by giving them money, you're just encouraging them to continue to hassle others...>>>>>

I understand. That's why I cannot believe they won't even accept FULL payment in return for sending me a letter with the correct information.

I have a check from a trust account, so I cannot change the amount, but if I don't cash it, I keep the money anyway.

I think I will continue to record the conversations.