Law firm? Huh?

elyse449

Hi folks,

Ok-I just sent (and received back BOTH green cards) a letter to "Sure Tech Recoveries" a request for a partial C&D, Validation, Condition of Sale on a car repo that occurred 2 yrs ago April. (The repo was in July, but our last pmt was April)

Anyway, I got a call this AM from a "Law Firm." Now mind you, I have NOT received anything in the mail from ANY law firm. I'm wondering if it's a scare tactic? They said (on the answering machine) that they were from the law firm of what sounded like, "Thompson and somebody..." and they left a 1-800 number.

Any thoughts??

I figure it's related, they're turning into real AH's about it even though Sure Tech was the THIRD CA to have the debt...I'm sure it's in light of the new BK laws getting ready to pass...now they think they got us for sure so they're all high on themselves. Also, I have to check on the exact date of last pmt but we have a 6-7 yr home foreclosure 2nd mortgage attempting to collect to. The thing is, there was a 2nd mortgage but the house sold and I guess it just became another "unsecured" debt or loan.

Gosh...we're so close to be TOTALLY free of this type of crap and then this! :cry: I'm worried we'll be taken to court and we'll get a judgment slapped on us along with some kind of garnishment and we'll lose even more because they'll take us for every dime they can get.

I won't contact them regardless. Like I said, I haven't even received a mail notice from ANY law firm...so forget it.

Is it a crime to just tell them they have the wrong number when they do call? :?

Thoughts??

E~

Hi folks,

Ok-I just sent (and received back BOTH green cards) a letter to "Sure Tech Recoveries" a request for a partial C&D, Validation, Condition of Sale on a car repo that occurred 2 yrs ago April. (The repo was in July, but our last pmt was April)

Anyway, I got a call this AM from a "Law Firm." Now mind you, I have NOT received anything in the mail from ANY law firm. I'm wondering if it's a scare tactic? They said (on the answering machine) that they were from the law firm of what sounded like, "Thompson and somebody..." and they left a 1-800 number.

Any thoughts??

I figure it's related, they're turning into real AH's about it even though Sure Tech was the THIRD CA to have the debt...I'm sure it's in light of the new BK laws getting ready to pass...now they think they got us for sure so they're all high on themselves. Also, I have to check on the exact date of last pmt but we have a 6-7 yr home foreclosure 2nd mortgage attempting to collect to. The thing is, there was a 2nd mortgage but the house sold and I guess it just became another "unsecured" debt or loan.

Gosh...we're so close to be TOTALLY free of this type of crap and then this! :cry: I'm worried we'll be taken to court and we'll get a judgment slapped on us along with some kind of garnishment and we'll lose even more because they'll take us for every dime they can get.

I won't contact them regardless. Like I said, I haven't even received a mail notice from ANY law firm...so forget it.

Is it a crime to just tell them they have the wrong number when they do call? :?

Thoughts??

E~

You can tell them whatever you want when they call. You can tell them they've reached Mars and you're ready to take over Earth if you want. You are not obligated to call them, acknowledge them, or be honest with them.

I've been keeping my Western Civilization book from college handy. Whenever they call, I open up to a random page and read away. And there's nothing in the world they can do about it -- and it ticks them off -- which, of course, is my entire aim.

When Zwicker called my house a few weeks ago, I refused to even acknowledge I was who they were looking for.

Regards.

You can tell them whatever you want when they call. You can tell them they've reached Mars and you're ready to take over Earth if you want. You are not obligated to call them, acknowledge them, or be honest with them.

I've been keeping my Western Civilization book from college handy. Whenever they call, I open up to a random page and read away. And there's nothing in the world they can do about it -- and it ticks them off -- which, of course, is my entire aim.

When Zwicker called my house a few weeks ago, I refused to even acknowledge I was who they were looking for.

Regards.

LOL!!!! :lol: You're so funny!!! How did you know I needed a good laugh?? Well, huge ((((HUGS))) to you for that, OMG--LOL!!!! That's too hilarious...I have a fabulous philosophy book I could utilize...talks about motus tollens and all kinds of odd things...they'd be spinning.

What I was going to say (because it's in my husbands name) is I was going to get this thick accent going and I was going to say...

"What!? WHAT? You be lookin' fer ma ole man? I aint seen him in near on to two weeks...Well...if 'n ya be findin' him yer better tell eem that he owes me some chil support!! His youngun's be hungry...all fiteen of 'em!! An yer better be tellin' him to bring our trailer back coz I cain't be stayin' at ma ma an pa's too much longer!! Dern ole man!! Ya tell 'em I be filin' for the deevorce to!!" (Click)

Thanks for the upbeat message hon...you have NO idea what that meant to me.

E~

LOL!!!! :lol: You're so funny!!! How did you know I needed a good laugh?? Well, huge ((((HUGS))) to you for that, OMG--LOL!!!! That's too hilarious...I have a fabulous philosophy book I could utilize...talks about motus tollens and all kinds of odd things...they'd be spinning.

What I was going to say (because it's in my husbands name) is I was going to get this thick accent going and I was going to say...

"What!? WHAT? You be lookin' fer ma ole man? I aint seen him in near on to two weeks...Well...if 'n ya be findin' him yer better tell eem that he owes me some chil support!! His youngun's be hungry...all fiteen of 'em!! An yer better be tellin' him to bring our trailer back coz I cain't be stayin' at ma ma an pa's too much longer!! Dern ole man!! Ya tell 'em I be filin' for the deevorce to!!" (Click)

Thanks for the upbeat message hon...you have NO idea what that meant to me.

E~

when they call berate them for calling a number that it is on the national do not call list, telling them that you do NOT want to buy any, you dont care how much they cost, or if shipping is free, or if you get a free set of steak knives, but you dont need any lawn fertilizer.

if they try to tell you they are collecting, cut them off and say you already gave at the office, and you really only give to charities that support animals or the enviroment, ask them if their product is organic, and who would the money be going to anyway? not the orphans! and how do they expect anyone to have any spare change to give to charity demand to speak to a supervisor then hang up.

Hi!! elyse :)

when they call berate them for calling a number that it is on the national do not call list, telling them that you do NOT want to buy any, you dont care how much they cost, or if shipping is free, or if you get a free set of steak knives, but you dont need any lawn fertilizer.

if they try to tell you they are collecting, cut them off and say you already gave at the office, and you really only give to charities that support animals or the enviroment, ask them if their product is organic, and who would the money be going to anyway? not the orphans! and how do they expect anyone to have any spare change to give to charity demand to speak to a supervisor then hang up.

Hi!! elyse :)

OMG...LOL....you folks are killin' me today!! :lol: And you hit on my "thing" and that's cutting them off, I LOVE doing that!

:lol:

Ya know? In spite of some of our credit WOES, we sure are a happy bunch, huh? I think that's pretty darn cool.

~Hi Anti-something! Good to see you!~ :D

Hugs,

Elyse

OMG...LOL....you folks are killin' me today!! :lol: And you hit on my "thing" and that's cutting them off, I LOVE doing that!

:lol:

Ya know? In spite of some of our credit WOES, we sure are a happy bunch, huh? I think that's pretty darn cool.

~Hi Anti-something! Good to see you!~ :D

Hugs,

Elyse

Good god, this thread is too funny.

I am stuck between Anti-somthing and strumpeace as to whose is better, but I think Western civilization is far more brutal than anything the collectors could ever do. I mean honestly, that would probably be the first time they have ever heard of such stuff.

I might have to break out my physics stuff and of over the coefficent for friction or my macro econ books and start talking about exchange rates and why our country's current account deficit is a growing problem.

I think the best would be to start speaking pikey. If you don't know what that is, go see the movie "Snatch" You'll be pissing your pants by the end.

Good god, this thread is too funny.

I am stuck between Anti-somthing and strumpeace as to whose is better, but I think Western civilization is far more brutal than anything the collectors could ever do. I mean honestly, that would probably be the first time they have ever heard of such stuff.

I might have to break out my physics stuff and of over the coefficent for friction or my macro econ books and start talking about exchange rates and why our country's current account deficit is a growing problem.

I think the best would be to start speaking pikey. If you don't know what that is, go see the movie "Snatch" You'll be pissing your pants by the end.

I have learned some wonderful interesting tips here, LMAO, gotta love it.

and yes we are a happy bunch, we all deserve it cause we all have those really bad times so we need to laugh when we can.

What I should do is give the phone to one of my 3yr olds who loves to talk on the phone, but because of a severe speech impediment, to them she would not even sound as if she were speaking english.