Patelco question, help!!

I was finally approved for one of their credit cards, pending I join. I'm not affiliated with any of the companies on there and I read that you can join for a fee, right? I cannot find that link anywhere on that website and I have been searching forever. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I was finally approved for one of their credit cards, pending I join. I'm not affiliated with any of the companies on there and I read that you can join for a fee, right? I cannot find that link anywhere on that website and I have been searching forever. Can someone point me in the right direction?

http://www.patelco.org/apply/join.aspx

Just click the "Join Online" button. On the next screen, just pick something on the right to enter, like city you work in or city you live in. Don't worry on acceptance, I don't think they're really that strict. It says they have a $20 joining fee and then you have to deposit $10 minimum for checking, $20 for savings, something like that, not exactly sure.

This is how it worked for LOTS of people last summer.

http://www.patelco.org/apply/join.aspx

Just click the "Join Online" button. On the next screen, just pick something on the right to enter, like city you work in or city you live in. Don't worry on acceptance, I don't think they're really that strict. It says they have a $20 joining fee and then you have to deposit $10 minimum for checking, $20 for savings, something like that, not exactly sure.

This is how it worked for LOTS of people last summer.

Ive been with them for about 6 months now with a car loan for 7years. They are great. They stood by me during my 2 layoffs which later on forced me into a BK situation recently. Unlike the cc's they gave me (2) 6 months grace periods on my car loan!!

After BK, discharge 1/22/05, I joined, by opening a checking, savings with automatic deposit and they gave me a cc after my discharge with $500 limit. They told me after 6 months they would raise it upon good pay back history. A no brainer!

A tip someone in the forum said on payback: charge up to 30% of the limit, then pay off half of the balance on first payment, then payback another half on the next payment, then pay rest in 4 equal payments to increase your score 20-50 pts in a few months.

Im not sure about their fees of the cc but they are resonable and fair compared to the ulgy tradional banks.

Pamela

BK 11/04

discharge 1/05

Ive been with them for about 6 months now with a car loan for 7years. They are great. They stood by me during my 2 layoffs which later on forced me into a BK situation recently. Unlike the cc's they gave me (2) 6 months grace periods on my car loan!!

After BK, discharge 1/22/05, I joined, by opening a checking, savings with automatic deposit and they gave me a cc after my discharge with $500 limit. They told me after 6 months they would raise it upon good pay back history. A no brainer!

A tip someone in the forum said on payback: charge up to 30% of the limit, then pay off half of the balance on first payment, then payback another half on the next payment, then pay rest in 4 equal payments to increase your score 20-50 pts in a few months.

Im not sure about their fees of the cc but they are resonable and fair compared to the ulgy tradional banks.

Pamela

BK 11/04

discharge 1/05

I joined online but I funded the account electronically which made me put 50.00 in. Got the card a couple weeks later. I also had to fax them proof residence and a my drivers license. But that's not any different then a local major branch..

• 4 months later...

Just because a credit union is a federal credit union doesn't mean that all federal employees can join.

Each credit union makes up its own mind what the requirements for membership will be and put that down in their charter.

The above posts tell you all you need to know to join.