paid collection question

Jasazick

Ok here goes nothing (I am pretty new here, but I've been reading like a maniac!)

Today my wife and I pulled our credit reports and found a whole buncha stuff on them. I'll try to keep this question limited in scope, and ask more questions in the correct forums as they come to me.

We have noticed we both have numerous "paid collections" listed on our reports (among other things!).

Honestly, I can't say that I remember most of them, but up until now we both have been very credit-unaware and kept virtually no records. They could have been ours, but honestly I don't know.

Would letters to those agencies stating something to the following effect be reasonable?

We have no record of your debt against us, it is currently listed as paid, please delete it from any credit reporting agency your company uses or provide us proof that the debt was indeed ours AND we did not explicitly specify that payment in full would provide for immediate deletion of the debt from our credit report

Ok here goes nothing (I am pretty new here, but I've been reading like a maniac!)

Today my wife and I pulled our credit reports and found a whole buncha stuff on them. I'll try to keep this question limited in scope, and ask more questions in the correct forums as they come to me.

We have noticed we both have numerous "paid collections" listed on our reports (among other things!).

Honestly, I can't say that I remember most of them, but up until now we both have been very credit-unaware and kept virtually no records. They could have been ours, but honestly I don't know.

Would letters to those agencies stating something to the following effect be reasonable?

We have no record of your debt against us, it is currently listed as paid, please delete it from any credit reporting agency your company uses or provide us proof that the debt was indeed ours AND we did not explicitly specify that payment in full would provide for immediate deletion of the debt from our credit report