Just had creditors meeting!

lonestar

Well I just had my creditors meeting, and it was painless. The Trustee said he was filing a no assest chapter 7. No creditors showed up, as expected. My question is the Trustee briefly went through my paperwork ect ect....and asked very basic questions, thats it!....Now I wait, do I get a discharge in 60days as long as creditors don't protest or file something??? The trustee did not ask any detailed questions, I found that to be odd! that they did not want to investigate and ask more questions about why I was filing bankruptcy, and ask about my income, and deposits ect ect ect. I guess what I'm saying is it seemed too easy? Whats the catch?

Well I just had my creditors meeting, and it was painless. The Trustee said he was filing a no assest chapter 7. No creditors showed up, as expected. My question is the Trustee briefly went through my paperwork ect ect....and asked very basic questions, thats it!....Now I wait, do I get a discharge in 60days as long as creditors don't protest or file something??? The trustee did not ask any detailed questions, I found that to be odd! that they did not want to investigate and ask more questions about why I was filing bankruptcy, and ask about my income, and deposits ect ect ect. I guess what I'm saying is it seemed too easy? Whats the catch?

there is no catch really, except that the BK will be on your report etc....and credit scores will by yuck. If the trustee said that he/she is going to file a no asset ch7 then that's it.

Unless one of your creditors has a compelling reason that they think they should and could get your money....which they most likely wont and can't, then you're good to go!

i had my meeting a few weeks ago....i was surprised at how smoothly it went.

congratulations!

::linedancers::

there is no catch really, except that the BK will be on your report etc....and credit scores will by yuck. If the trustee said that he/she is going to file a no asset ch7 then that's it.

Unless one of your creditors has a compelling reason that they think they should and could get your money....which they most likely wont and can't, then you're good to go!

i had my meeting a few weeks ago....i was surprised at how smoothly it went.

congratulations!

::linedancers::