Bank Lawyers Blog

"I tend to agree with the naysayers. If contacts with banks increase, it will be due to a trend of financial literacy generally, not due to the existence of this new right. I've seen no evidence that financial literacy of the average consumer is increasing. While there may be some increased contacts from the financially literate consumer, the numbers of those are in a distinct minority in this country.

Only time will tell; however, I think that there is no need to lose any sleep over this particular aspect of the FACT Act. Banks have enough real concerns to keep them restless. This is not one of them."

What an insult! But what he fails to realize is there are more and more computer savvy consumers who will find websites like this!

"I tend to agree with the naysayers. If contacts with banks increase, it will be due to a trend of financial literacy generally, not due to the existence of this new right. I've seen no evidence that financial literacy of the average consumer is increasing. While there may be some increased contacts from the financially literate consumer, the numbers of those are in a distinct minority in this country.

Only time will tell; however, I think that there is no need to lose any sleep over this particular aspect of the FACT Act. Banks have enough real concerns to keep them restless. This is not one of them."

What an insult! But what he fails to realize is there are more and more computer savvy consumers who will find websites like this!