CA lists account twice after DV...FCRA violations??

dpgirl

I have an old collection account from a medical bill, under $60.00 and nearly out of SOL for my state. I disputed it with the CRA's and Equifax removed it. TU and Experian verify it and then all of a sudden it shows up twice now on Experian.

By duplicating this account, except for the account numbers what exactly have they violated under FCRA? Also one last question... is this right... the SOL for FCRA is two years and the SOL for FDCPA is one year?

I have an old collection account from a medical bill, under $60.00 and nearly out of SOL for my state. I disputed it with the CRA's and Equifax removed it. TU and Experian verify it and then all of a sudden it shows up twice now on Experian.

By duplicating this account, except for the account numbers what exactly have they violated under FCRA? Also one last question... is this right... the SOL for FCRA is two years and the SOL for FDCPA is one year?

It is a violation of both FCRA and FDCPA.

FCRA for placing inaccurate information on your credit report and FDCPA for using false and misleading means to collect on a debt.

That said though if you tried to take it to court they could claim schrivners error. So you must dispute the listings as duplicates with the CRAs. if they come back verified, then you have them.

It is a violation of both FCRA and FDCPA.

FCRA for placing inaccurate information on your credit report and FDCPA for using false and misleading means to collect on a debt.

That said though if you tried to take it to court they could claim schrivners error. So you must dispute the listings as duplicates with the CRAs. if they come back verified, then you have them.

Thank you.

What happened was that I did dispute this account. It came back as verified in late February and on 3-10-05 this duplicate shows up. I think they are doing it just to mess with me. I had never heard from these people and when I disputed I received a letter from them trying to collect. It is nearly fours years old and so it is almost past the SOL.

I disputed that one online with Experian yesterday so we'll see what they do. It would not allow me to re-dispute the other one. I tried to dispute them both as duplicate just to see what would happen.

Thank you.

What happened was that I did dispute this account. It came back as verified in late February and on 3-10-05 this duplicate shows up. I think they are doing it just to mess with me. I had never heard from these people and when I disputed I received a letter from them trying to collect. It is nearly fours years old and so it is almost past the SOL.

I disputed that one online with Experian yesterday so we'll see what they do. It would not allow me to re-dispute the other one. I tried to dispute them both as duplicate just to see what would happen.