new here got guestion

bad credit man

Hi all first iam glad I found this site lots of good info. Here my story I will soon be divorce my ex debt is on my cr she filed bk now iam got her debt and mines. I also got a repo 6 months ago my credit shot. I was talking to a mortgage co and they tell me that I could get a home but the rates would be high and that I would need a lot of money down which I don't have. The mortage co told me to repair my credit first. My scores are .ex,525,eufax,512,tu,517. Where do I start.

Hi all first iam glad I found this site lots of good info. Here my story I will soon be divorce my ex debt is on my cr she filed bk now iam got her debt and mines. I also got a repo 6 months ago my credit shot. I was talking to a mortgage co and they tell me that I could get a home but the rates would be high and that I would need a lot of money down which I don't have. The mortage co told me to repair my credit first. My scores are .ex,525,eufax,512,tu,517. Where do I start.

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!!!!! :)

Lady is very correct... that link should tell you all you need to start. Keep in mind that persistance is key! Start by pulling all of your credit reports directly from the big three. Go from there... read the boards tons, and ask lots of questions. :D You will do great ;)

Lady is very correct... that link should tell you all you need to start. Keep in mind that persistance is key! Start by pulling all of your credit reports directly from the big three. Go from there... read the boards tons, and ask lots of questions. :D You will do great ;)

thanks miracle . how long to i have to wait before i try to get a home one i get my score up. what is a good score to try to get a home. :?:

thanks miracle . how long to i have to wait before i try to get a home one i get my score up. what is a good score to try to get a home. :?:

Lady is right. But, just start reading and repairing. I advise ordering the book, it put everything together for me. You should realize that it may take a year to get your credit in shape. I'm not sure what your scores are.
my scores.,tu,517,equfax,512,ex,525. I do have have time to wait a year iam living with family and I can't take it anymore. I seen if fileding bk would get me a loan with good rates why is that.

Lady is right. But, just start reading and repairing. I advise ordering the book, it put everything together for me. You should realize that it may take a year to get your credit in shape. I'm not sure what your scores are.
my scores.,tu,517,equfax,512,ex,525. I do have have time to wait a year iam living with family and I can't take it anymore. I seen if fileding bk would get me a loan with good rates why is that.

Not sure, I have never filed.

I would be hard pressed to say that you can do it quicker than that. You MAY. It really depends how lucky you are. It depends on how old the debts are. It really depends on a lot of things, like are you doing PFD? Are you dealing with judgments? When I started, my scores were around 505, 525, 535.. there up now 100 points.. it's been 5 mths. It will NOT happen over night. Your best bet would be renting or finding a room with a roomate until your ready to buy. I'm sorry I wish there was a miracle quick fix, but there is not. It's going to take some time and persistance.

I would be hard pressed to say that you can do it quicker than that. You MAY. It really depends how lucky you are. It depends on how old the debts are. It really depends on a lot of things, like are you doing PFD? Are you dealing with judgments? When I started, my scores were around 505, 525, 535.. there up now 100 points.. it's been 5 mths. It will NOT happen over night. Your best bet would be renting or finding a room with a roomate until your ready to buy. I'm sorry I wish there was a miracle quick fix, but there is not. It's going to take some time and persistance.

Money overcomes a lot of things.

Since your scores are so low and the repo was recent, perhaps think of going in a different direction. Lending requirments are being loosened up a bit. In 2005, consumers are able to get 85% - 95% financing with scores in the 500's. So maybe saving up some $ is the way to go for you.

But, there is something you should keep in mind. Getting a home right now could put you in line for a lawsuit very quickly, especially if your creditors see that your ex- filed BK. Be sure to OPT OUT (1-888-567-8688).

You need to look closely at whether YOU should file BK. If you do, your credit is "cleaned up" a bit because the debts are no longer owing. Strange logic, I know, but that is better than having debts outstanding. My experience is that people who file bounce up to 620-650 in 2 - 3.5 years and tend to hit that glass ceiling for the remaining period of time the BK shows on your credit report. People who pay debts off don't bounce so quickly, it takes them 3.5 - 5 years, but then they can get into the 700's, given all other factors being in their favor. So you have to decide what your goal is, then make your plan.

If you can buy, then buy, but be informed about all the consequences. Real Estate is THE number one way to build wealth right now. It is out-performing all other avenues. Right this minute, given your DTI (debt-to-income) ratio works out and you have 24 months verifable employment and housing, you would need 5% of the price of a house and closing costs (which vary by state). I wish you luck! *feels just a little envious* 8-)

experian cr.has 2 jugement that where I paid both of the one show paid the other dosent show paid. And the rest of the accounts are collection and charge offs.

bad credit

Start by disputing EVERYTHING. The older the trade line, the less likely the CRA will be able to verify. I started out with about 24 items on my CR. I disputed every single one and got 10 items removed! I then paid off every item under $300. Anything over that, I called the CA and negotiated settlement. Most of them took 70% of the original balance. I had a judgement that refused to settle so I ended up paying them in full and it is now showing as vacated. Not sure what the difference is between vacated and paid in full. I have a 5 yr old repo that I've going back and forth with the CA trying to negotiate. They sold or reassigned the account to another CA who is now offering me to settle at 30%. I have one CA who I've DVd twice and they have failed to respond. Anybody have an ITS template? And of course, I got all of my info right here. I've paid off over $7000 worth of debt since November. :shock:

I stated with an average score of 511 in October. My highest score is now 578 according to PG. The best thing to happen to me was this board. Here, there is no such thing as a stupid question. You can do it! You just got to take that first step. Good luck!

bad credit

Start by disputing EVERYTHING. The older the trade line, the less likely the CRA will be able to verify. I started out with about 24 items on my CR. I disputed every single one and got 10 items removed! I then paid off every item under $300. Anything over that, I called the CA and negotiated settlement. Most of them took 70% of the original balance. I had a judgement that refused to settle so I ended up paying them in full and it is now showing as vacated. Not sure what the difference is between vacated and paid in full. I have a 5 yr old repo that I've going back and forth with the CA trying to negotiate. They sold or reassigned the account to another CA who is now offering me to settle at 30%. I have one CA who I've DVd twice and they have failed to respond. Anybody have an ITS template? And of course, I got all of my info right here. I've paid off over $7000 worth of debt since November. :shock:

I stated with an average score of 511 in October. My highest score is now 578 according to PG. The best thing to happen to me was this board. Here, there is no such thing as a stupid question. You can do it! You just got to take that first step. Good luck!

iam looking at the dates on my experian cr and it as two dates what does these me, date open, last reported which would the oldedst date cra go by. Which is the best way to do disputes, online,mail, phone. Thanks.