Sign in to follow this  
Chancy949

Vent... Cavalry

Kent,

Maybe we could share info and hit them at the same time. What is your situation?

Sure, found them on my credit report, never had contact before wiith them.

If the tradeline is to be believed this is about a CC I had with a computer store that went BK in 94 and there was no where to make payments any longer. I lived at the billing address for that account for over 2 years after they went BK. So I know this is WAY SOL.

I have DVed them twice now with no response. They verified with the CRAs and my CR still lists this debt, but not in dispute. I just made a PR to the CRAs.

Well I guess you could say I got a response. They assigned Oxford to the case after my DV to Cavalry and they are not responding to DV either.

I like the coordinated attack. They may have a fit if they get a bunch of ITS letters on the same days. :roflmao:

Sure, found them on my credit report, never had contact before wiith them.

If the tradeline is to be believed this is about a CC I had with a computer store that went BK in 94 and there was no where to make payments any longer. I lived at the billing address for that account for over 2 years after they went BK. So I know this is WAY SOL.

I have DVed them twice now with no response. They verified with the CRAs and my CR still lists this debt, but not in dispute. I just made a PR to the CRAs.

Well I guess you could say I got a response. They assigned Oxford to the case after my DV to Cavalry and they are not responding to DV either.

I like the coordinated attack. They may have a fit if they get a bunch of ITS letters on the same days. :roflmao:

and if we tell them we have others and are willing to file a class action!

That is past the reporting SOL!!!! wow! :evil:

and if we tell them we have others and are willing to file a class action!

That is past the reporting SOL!!!! wow! :evil:

Hey folks thought I would pass this little tidbit along to you

Christian K. Parker, Esq.

General Counsel

Cavalry Portfolio Services LLP

7 Skyline Drive

Hawthorne, NY 10532

914-347-3440 ext. 1498

I don't have any advice but...I have some experience with Cavalry.

I filed BK about 14 years ago. Chase Visa was included. They continued to sell my account to different collection agencies. Each time I would fax these CA a copy of the BK documents and they would leave me alone. This happened with at least 4 different CA.

Then I received a letter from Cavalry. I called them and gave them my BK information. By then I only had the BK file # (which was a miracle after 14 years). They stopped contacting me until I was served with lawsuit papers. I called the attorney suing me (and Chase who at that time said they don't even own the account anymore) and gave him the BK info and also informed him the SOL was up. He later contacted me and told me he would contact the court and withdraw the lawsuit.

I had doubts about this and showed up in court anyway. What do you know...Cavalry never withdrew the lawsuit. However, they didn't show up in court. The judge said they could refile if they wanted. This is something I didn't understand because if I didn't show up, I wouldn't have a second chance!

Next was my attempts at removing them from my credit report which was finally done several months later.

I feel Cavalry does this, knowing they are violating numerous laws and they do it anyway in hopes that people won't show up in court so they can win.

Good luck!

Cavalry posted on my CR in Jan that I had a sprint bill for 104.00. Also that the date was Dec. 04 WTF???

Anyway... I DV'd them with in the 30 period. They signed for the card and they send me a collection letter today. AND they haven't noted my account as "in dispute".

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

I know I have methods to use, but I haven't decided which one yet. :roll:

SPRINT IS THE DEVIL! This is what I am going through right now!!! :x

I have calvary on my credit reports due to past sprint cell phone. Unfortunately my debt is still within the SOL, so I am walking on eggshells before I really try to hit them hard.

Anyone have any succes with Calvary deletions?

I did, but mine was past the SOL.

Here's my previous post about it:

Calvary deleted themselves from my reports last week. YAY! I DV'd them twice and they never responded so I sent them an ITS letter with "Notice of ITS" in BOLD RED and ALL CAPs in the center top (because I was not playing) along with copies of their sigs on the Fedex's and the previous letters. I also typed the current Fedex Ground tracking # upper right side of the ITS letter in blue, as I do with all the letters I send . I had already gaven them approx. 45 days total. I had disputed with the CRA and they had verified. Oh, and in the letter I gave them 5 business days upon receipt to delete or I'd sue and they deleted 1 day after they received my letter.

Hope this helps and Good Luck!

I have another year or 2 before this debt is SOL, so I think I will wait. I am trying to buy a house soon, so I won't pay unless the mortgage people force me to pay it when I try to get a home loan.