online vs. paper

katatwork

Just got my first print out of Transunion from myfico and it is sad after 3 divorces and NEVER having looked at my credit report.

31 pages and a score of 506 is going to be a real challenge.

Obviously the information with wrong birthdates and addresses I have never heard of will need to be fixed so is it best to do that online or send it in writing with all this paper?

Second question, so many of these accounts were opened by a previous husband and are so old that I am just saying they are not mine. This is an individual report and I am single so why are there joint accounts on it?

Sorry, that wasn't the question.

It is should I log back into myfico and do the corrections at the link to Transunion online?

Also, on the accounts with last activity as March 2001 and living in the state of Texas am I correct in thinking that those accounts are over SOL for Texas ( I am reading 4 years here for unsecured debt) and what do I say in the correction to Transunion, do I use the abbreviation SOL with them?

What a mess.

hmmmmmm, can I keep the wrong birthday that makes me younger?

:?:

Just got my first print out of Transunion from myfico and it is sad after 3 divorces and NEVER having looked at my credit report.

Obviously the information with wrong birthdates and addresses I have never heard of will need to be fixed so is it best to do that online or send it in writing with all this paper?

Second question, so many of these accounts were opened by a previous husband and are so old that I am just saying they are not mine. This is an individual report and I am single so why are there joint accounts on it?

It is should I log back into myfico and do the corrections at the link to Transunion online?

Also, on the accounts with last activity as March 2001 and living in the state of Texas am I correct in thinking that those accounts are over SOL for Texas ( I am reading 4 years here for unsecured debt) and what do I say in the correction to Transunion, do I use the abbreviation SOL with them?

What a mess.

:?:

Welcome Katatwork! :D :D :)++

I think we all remember the moment that you are in now. Dont worry... with some persistance, you will do just fine :D

For inaccurate addresses, call the CRA and tell them that the address is not yours and you do not recognize it. If you hang up and call back , you are usually lucky enough to get a CSR (eventually) that will delete those for ya. Things like birthdays usually have to be corrected with a copy of your DL (make sure you black out the actual DL number) You can dispute these online, but they will probably ask for proof.

I would wait to start disputing TLs until you have your personal info updated correctly. It may give you more leverage for a "not mine" deletion. At that point, you can do so online or CMRRR. If you do it online, print your confirmation page.
I am not very familiar with Texas laws. I am sorry.. anyone else wanna chip in here? I haven't done an online dispute in forever. If you have an option for "other"... click that and where you can type , put "this is past Statue of Limitations"
What a mess.

:?

Sounds good to me... I won't tell ;)

Good Luck! Keep us posted! -Jenn

Welcome Katatwork! :D :D :)++

I think we all remember the moment that you are in now. Dont worry... with some persistance, you will do just fine :D

For inaccurate addresses, call the CRA and tell them that the address is not yours and you do not recognize it. If you hang up and call back , you are usually lucky enough to get a CSR (eventually) that will delete those for ya. Things like birthdays usually have to be corrected with a copy of your DL (make sure you black out the actual DL number) You can dispute these online, but they will probably ask for proof.

I would wait to start disputing TLs until you have your personal info updated correctly. It may give you more leverage for a "not mine" deletion. At that point, you can do so online or CMRRR. If you do it online, print your confirmation page.
I am not very familiar with Texas laws. I am sorry.. anyone else wanna chip in here? I haven't done an online dispute in forever. If you have an option for "other"... click that and where you can type , put "this is past Statue of Limitations"
What a mess.

:?

Sounds good to me... I won't tell ;)

Good Luck! Keep us posted! -Jenn

thanks jenn,

if all I am going to correct at first is personal informtion I'll go look at the other guys (CRA's) and send all three correction letters with a copy of my drivers license. Thanks for the advice on blacking out the number. Should I leave the address visible?

Transunion was such a shock that I didn't look at the other two.

I bought 4 folders , one for each CRA and one for any collections but now I think I might need a filing cabinet (or 2)!

:coffeecup:

thanks jenn,

if all I am going to correct at first is personal informtion I'll go look at the other guys (CRA's) and send all three correction letters with a copy of my drivers license. Thanks for the advice on blacking out the number. Should I leave the address visible?

Transunion was such a shock that I didn't look at the other two.

I bought 4 folders , one for each CRA and one for any collections but now I think I might need a filing cabinet (or 2)!

:coffeecup:

I believe even if the SOL in Texas for suing you for a debt is four years, it would not affect the length of time for reporting after the date of last activity which is seven years. Those accounts from 2001 may be reported still. The SOL for the CRA's to report is seven years.

But since they are so old you should dispute them after updating your addresses, they will probably "go away" that way.

I believe even if the SOL in Texas for suing you for a debt is four years, it would not affect the length of time for reporting after the date of last activity which is seven years. Those accounts from 2001 may be reported still. The SOL for the CRA's to report is seven years.

But since they are so old you should dispute them after updating your addresses, they will probably "go away" that way.