DVing after 30 Days - CA's obligations?

So, thanks to this wonderful forum I know that I'm perfectly within my rights to DV after the initial 30 day period.

And, I know what the CA obligations are if I did DV within the 30 days - like the time limit, and that they must C&D until validated and all that jazz. But my question is, do those same requirements still apply if the DV is after the 30 days? Must they still temporarily C&D and get back to me in the allotted time?

Also, I have a technical question regarding the FCRA & FDCPA, since it is well past the 30 days, the CA can assume the debt is valid, does that mean that they can report it to a CB - or can they only report it after they have validated with me?

The only reason I ask is that I have no TL for the CA on my CR, and my fear is that if I DV the CA, he'll start reporting me to the Big 3.

So, thanks to this wonderful forum I know that I'm perfectly within my rights to DV after the initial 30 day period.

And, I know what the CA obligations are if I did DV within the 30 days - like the time limit, and that they must C&D until validated and all that jazz. But my question is, do those same requirements still apply if the DV is after the 30 days? Must they still temporarily C&D and get back to me in the allotted time?

Also, I have a technical question regarding the FCRA & FDCPA, since it is well past the 30 days, the CA can assume the debt is valid, does that mean that they can report it to a CB - or can they only report it after they have validated with me?

The only reason I ask is that I have no TL for the CA on my CR, and my fear is that if I DV the CA, he'll start reporting me to the Big 3.

If they have not reported and you ask for validation and THEN they report.. well then they are sunk

a lot of CAs think that yu dont have to validate if the letter comes after the 30 days but its bunk.. dont let them use that on you.

Send the letter CMRR and keep track of it after that.. keep a good check on credit reports too.

Hope that helps

If they have not reported and you ask for validation and THEN they report.. well then they are sunk

a lot of CAs think that yu dont have to validate if the letter comes after the 30 days but its bunk.. dont let them use that on you.

Send the letter CMRR and keep track of it after that.. keep a good check on credit reports too.

Hope that helps