Newbie Needs Help!!!

TylerDurden2

First off, THANKS! Although I have been trolling this site for about one week, I feel like I have learned a lot! The sense of empowerment I feel when I answer those nasty calls feels great! So much knowledge here and such an unselfish willingness to share... I am so glad that I have found this community!

Here is my situation. When I lost my job in 2001, I paid my Corporate card (American Express) in collections. The consulting firm I worked for basically told me to hit the bricks and stiffed me for about $7000 in expenses.

I settled for about half the amount. If only I had known of my alternatives!

After getting a new job, I decided to get a personal credit card... a Cap1. I paid the meager balance on this card off when I applied for a mortgage and bought my first home.

About one year later, my parents get a call from AHS(?) looking for info on me. They refused and past me their contact info.

I called them and they said I owed $700+ on my Cap1 account!!!

Timing on this was perfect (sarcasm). I have just started a new job that requires 100% travel. I need a credit card, but it seems like NOBODY will approve me. One of the reasons I got for an online refusal was "APPLICANT HAS AN UNRESOLVED BANKRUPTCY"

I have never had a bankruptcy.

I pulled my EX and TU... I almost hit the floor. I could not find a reference to a bankruptcy, but I did find this TL... does the "BK" on the TL imply a bankruptcy?

CAP ONE BK

Address:

PO BOX 85520

RICHMOND, VA 23285 Account Number: XXXXXXXXXX....

Open/Past due 180 days. $106 past due as of 9-2004.

Date Opened:

08/2003

Type: Revolving

Credit Limit: NA

Date of Status: 09/2004

Terms: NA

High Balance: $554

Reported Since:

08/2003 Monthly Payment: $19

Recent Balance: $654

Last Reported Date: 09/2004

Responsibility: Individual

Recent Payment: $0

Account History:

180 days as of 9-2004

150 days as of 8-2004

120 days as of 7-2004

90 days as of 6-2004

60 days as of 5-2004

30 days as of 4-2004, 11-2003

First off, THANKS! Although I have been trolling this site for about one week, I feel like I have learned a lot! The sense of empowerment I feel when I answer those nasty calls feels great! So much knowledge here and such an unselfish willingness to share... I am so glad that I have found this community!

Here is my situation. When I lost my job in 2001, I paid my Corporate card (American Express) in collections. The consulting firm I worked for basically told me to hit the bricks and stiffed me for about $7000 in expenses.

I settled for about half the amount. If only I had known of my alternatives!

After getting a new job, I decided to get a personal credit card... a Cap1. I paid the meager balance on this card off when I applied for a mortgage and bought my first home.

About one year later, my parents get a call from AHS(?) looking for info on me. They refused and past me their contact info.

I called them and they said I owed $700+ on my Cap1 account!!!

Timing on this was perfect (sarcasm). I have just started a new job that requires 100% travel. I need a credit card, but it seems like NOBODY will approve me. One of the reasons I got for an online refusal was "APPLICANT HAS AN UNRESOLVED BANKRUPTCY"

I have never had a bankruptcy.

I pulled my EX and TU... I almost hit the floor. I could not find a reference to a bankruptcy, but I did find this TL... does the "BK" on the TL imply a bankruptcy?

CAP ONE BK

Address:

PO BOX 85520

RICHMOND, VA 23285 Account Number: XXXXXXXXXX....

Open/Past due 180 days. $106 past due as of 9-2004.

Date Opened:

08/2003

Type: Revolving

Credit Limit: NA

Date of Status: 09/2004

Terms: NA

High Balance: $554

Reported Since:

08/2003 Monthly Payment: $19

Recent Balance: $654

Last Reported Date: 09/2004

Responsibility: Individual