Same Debt Listed Twice~Also paid!!!

In reviewing my credit report for the first time in a year I discovered the following and need some guidance: I had an old Providian card (1997) and the debt was charged off and sold to Asset Acceptance. When they called me in November of 2004, I agreed to pay the debt because it was my debt and I wanted to clear it up. I paid with two checks. Both of those checks cleared. I signed the Settlement Stip end of story? Wrong. I discovered on my credit report the old Providian account listed as a charge off and the Asset Acceptance entry listed as delinquent with $300 owing. The amount that I paid and which was agreed upon was 1200.00. Also Asset has on my credit report Unable To Locate Individual/Whereabouts Unknown as of 1/2005. Has anyone ever encountered this and any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks

In reviewing my credit report for the first time in a year I discovered the following and need some guidance: I had an old Providian card (1997) and the debt was charged off and sold to Asset Acceptance. When they called me in November of 2004, I agreed to pay the debt because it was my debt and I wanted to clear it up. I paid with two checks. Both of those checks cleared. I signed the Settlement Stip end of story? Wrong. I discovered on my credit report the old Providian account listed as a charge off and the Asset Acceptance entry listed as delinquent with $300 owing. The amount that I paid and which was agreed upon was 1200.00. Also Asset has on my credit report Unable To Locate Individual/Whereabouts Unknown as of 1/2005. Has anyone ever encountered this and any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks

Did you settle the account for $300. less then what was owed? Sounds like they're hoping to get that from you. Also you mentioned 1997, was this the date you opened it or the date it went delinquent? If it was the date it went delinquent, they are reporting after the 7 year mark. You could just try to dispute it with the cra's and see if it gets removed. Or if you have the letter stating it was settled in full, you could possibley sue them. When I started on my credit repair journey a simular situation happened to me, but when i disputed it with the cra it came off no problem.

Did you settle the account for $300. less then what was owed? Sounds like they're hoping to get that from you. Also you mentioned 1997, was this the date you opened it or the date it went delinquent? If it was the date it went delinquent, they are reporting after the 7 year mark. You could just try to dispute it with the cra's and see if it gets removed. Or if you have the letter stating it was settled in full, you could possibley sue them. When I started on my credit repair journey a simular situation happened to me, but when i disputed it with the cra it came off no problem.