ktg

Old issue with CA - too late?

Good evening everybody!

Just came across one of my "old" paid collections (GC Services collecting for AMEX). Please comment.

To be brief, I paid to CA totally $1371 (4 paym. x $302.78 + 1 paym x $119.98 ).

First paym. made 10/24/03, last 02/25/04. Remember clearly that original agreement with GC (verbal - it was all BEFORE..) was just 4 paym. x $302.78 ( $1251.12), and for the last $119.98 they (CA) called after they received 4 payments and simply claimed (by phone) that it's additional "finance charges" requested by AMEX. And I paid........

The last letter received from AMEX dated 9/16/03 shows I owed them $1178.18 including charges/late fees.

My questions:

1)Did GC Services violate FDCPA (false representation of amount)?

2)Can I still do something (or just swallow it as "bad learning experience")?

I will appreciate any comments.

Thank you!

P.S. Now I can imagine how GC were happy to find such a "piece of cake"

Good evening everybody!

Just came across one of my "old" paid collections (GC Services collecting for AMEX). Please comment.

To be brief, I paid to CA totally $1371 (4 paym. x $302.78 + 1 paym x $119.98 ).

First paym. made 10/24/03, last 02/25/04. Remember clearly that original agreement with GC (verbal - it was all BEFORE..) was just 4 paym. x $302.78 ( $1251.12), and for the last $119.98 they (CA) called after they received 4 payments and simply claimed (by phone) that it's additional "finance charges" requested by AMEX. And I paid........

The last letter received from AMEX dated 9/16/03 shows I owed them $1178.18 including charges/late fees.

My questions:

1)Did GC Services violate FDCPA (false representation of amount)?

2)Can I still do something (or just swallow it as "bad learning experience")?

I will appreciate any comments.

Thank you!

P.S. Now I can imagine how GC were happy to find such a "piece of cake"

If you hadn't already paid, you'd have more leverage! I don't know a CA in their "right" mind that would give money back after they've got it... regardless of whether or not they got it honestly! That said- it never hurts to try to improve your situation once you've already met your "obligtions". I believe you're going to find it most difficult to get any information from either the CA or AMEX.

Good luck!!!

If you hadn't already paid, you'd have more leverage! I don't know a CA in their "right" mind that would give money back after they've got it... regardless of whether or not they got it honestly! That said- it never hurts to try to improve your situation once you've already met your "obligtions". I believe you're going to find it most difficult to get any information from either the CA or AMEX.

Good luck!!!

On that situation you lost any leverage about 3 weeks ago as the FDCPA SOL is 1 year. Are they on your CR? If they are and you are trying to get a delete, you can still DV them and such, maybe you will find a violation or two along the way that will give you some leverage. Also dispute with the CRAs, it may come off that way.

On that situation you lost any leverage about 3 weeks ago as the FDCPA SOL is 1 year. Are they on your CR? If they are and you are trying to get a delete, you can still DV them and such, maybe you will find a violation or two along the way that will give you some leverage. Also dispute with the CRAs, it may come off that way.

Thanks for your responses, I knew it's too late to act now, but was hoping may be there is some way to kick their a$$es.

I am so mad with myself! Paying MORE than I owe to get a "PAID COLLECTION" on CR. Super arrangement!

Thanks for your responses, I knew it's too late to act now, but was hoping may be there is some way to kick their a$$es.

I am so mad with myself! Paying MORE than I owe to get a "PAID COLLECTION" on CR. Super arrangement!

The CA did violate the FDCPA by misrepresenting the true amount. BUT, since the agreement was verbal, it would be hard to prove. I say this as the CA could claim they informed you that additional charges would incur during this period. Therefore, the only recourse you would have to cause them to cave is if you had it in writing or some other way to prove they told you that the 4 payments would pay account in full.