First Premier approval questions...

Kept getting hammered by First Premier to apply so finally I broke down.. I am approved and the card should be here any day now. Just not sure of their fees.. will be almost 200.00 when I get the darn thing. Orchard hit me for 59.00 I think but nothing like First Premier.

There website seems cheesy also.. not to sure about these guys but I needed another positive tradeline.

Anyone else have this card and use it?

First, why would you ever sign up for a card that you feel unconfortable with??? You'd jeopardize your credit just because you need another tradeline??? You've learned nothing from this board.

Second, FICO wants to see 2 revolving accounts, looks like you've accomplished that with the cards you listed.

Third, who said you need another positive tradeline? New credit lowers your FICO. You could have contacted National City and gotten into their secured card and saved yourself a ton of grief.

Anyway, you don't need the likes of First Premire. Look at the cards you already have. Why would you want to go backwards??? Cancel the card, pay off whatever BS you owe them, and cut up the card.

:roll:

Yes, but it's not about how many cards you can get - it's about how many cards you can successfully manage. The first route is what gets people into trouble in the first place.

Heard a lot of good things about Patelco - there's no reason to go backwards with a predatory lender like First Premier.

It should say something about cancellation during the 1st 30 days within the terms of the agreement, and I would STRONGLY recommend that you call them and cancel. They'll probably ask why, and you can cite anything you want, really. I had a similar situation two years ago with Aspire, which I signed up before truly researching that company (the first and ONLY time that will happen). I had the card no more than 8 hours when I called up and cancelled. I kept ALL correspondence for about 6 months JUST to make sure that all of the fees were reversed, that nothing showed up on any of my reports, and that the account had, indeed, been cancelled. Read CAREFULLY through the entire agreement to find this section, as it is oftentimes buried, but it should be there (I believe that the 30 day initial cancellation clause is law, but I could be mistaken).

A. J.