Should I get a Secured CC while waiting for filing

dsantos31

I've paid my attorney & we will be filing in the coming weeks. I'm anxious to begin rebuilding. Should I get a secured credit card now & tuck it away to use after discharge? Should I open a new checking/saving account and do the same? I plan to check my credit reports every three months after discharge. I have a five year plan to get back on track & I'm wondering if I can start my plan prior to discharge, e.g. procuring a secured credit card & opening a new bank account (priority).

Thanks for your advice

NO!

First BK law requires that you declare ALL your debt. Getting a 'last minute' card would seem like fraud to the court. You are banned by the court to get new credit without the Trustees approval until your BK has been discharged.

Be patient. You cannot fix this overnight. It will take about 2 yrs of rebuilding to get anywhere decent.