American Express Green

Got a letter from them today stating I was preapproved. I applied for the Blue a couple of months ago and got denied. Should I get the green to start me off with them. I know it has to be paid every month, but is getting the card a step in the right direction to help me rebuild my credit?

I got the green and was denied for the blue. The only reason I got it was to get into the Amex realm of cards. I would say go for it if you really want to get in with Amex. Just be careful and don't charge what you can't pay the next month.

Make sure that they report every month. Its not exactly a "revolving account" since its paid in full....or is it? Just a question to ask them. My AMEX corporate is like the green card and they don't report, but this may be because my company signed a guarantee.