Please review my goodwill letter to ATT Universal

KLAchemist

Any feedback is greatly appreciated, thank you.

AT&T Universal Card

P.O. Box 6500

Sioux Falls, SD 57117

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am writing to you about an urgent matter regarding my AT&T Universal account # 5398XXXXXXXX and am hoping you can help me with my situation as quickly as possible. My account is/ was past due due to extreme financial difficulties and I have been trying somewhat unsuccessfully to negotiate a payment plan with your company for the complete settlement of the remaining balance that I owe. Please note that I am not asking for a settlement for a reduced amount, I fully intend to honor my obligation as stated in the creditholder agreement and pay the balance in its entirety. However, I am unable to do so in one lump sum payment and need your help to find an acceptable solution to this matter.

If you refer to your records, you will see that, due to financial difficulties that resulted from my unemployment in 2003, I negotiated a one year payment plan with your company and that I honored each of the 12 payments. When the payment plan ended in July of 2004, my account fell past due due to continued fallout from my unemployment and also some unexpected medical expenses (see attached bill for documentation). However, in November of 2004, my account was again brought to current status when your company accepted a payment in full for the amount past due.

Between the time this payment was mailed and when the check for payment was cashed, I was contacted by National Financial Systems for collection of this debt. Your customer service department also referred me to this company when I attempted to discuss the matter with them in November. I then sent a letter to this company requesting validation of the debt and did not receive the documentation from them. Since being contacted by them, the payments I have mailed to you for my account have been cashed and I assume credited to my account. So at this time, though am not certain of the status of my account, it has not fallen more than 90 days past due in the last year. As of today, my credit report shows that the account has not been charged off and is still owned by your company. Although it is past due at the moment, I will gladly forward payment immediately to bring the account current and intend for it to stay this way from here on out until it can be closed with a zero balance. I am respectfully requesting the opportunity to pay the amount in full to you in equal monthly installments (see attached proposal) without the involvement of an outside collection agency or attourney.

While I have had difficulties in the past, I now believe that I am in a position to begin to resolve this matter and right the many wrongs I have created. I fully recognize my responsibility with respect to payable accounts and I am working diligently to rehabilitate my relationship with AT&T Universal/ Citicorp and other creditors. I am committed to renewing responsible credit management and hope that it will soon be reflected in my credit records which -- excluding my account with AT&T universal card -- are improving. Please also note that I have another Citibank account with your company that, though is currently on a payment plan, has had a positive payment record for the past few months. I am hoping that paying my balance on my Universal card in full as agreed will be one step toward financial recovery and improving my credit rating in the months to come.

I wish to thank you for renewing your confidence in me and for giving me a second chance at a relationship with you, one that I am determined to keep spotless. I sincerely hope that there is redemption at AT&T Universal/ Citicorp, and I beg you for such consideration. Please let me know if any additional documentation would assist in reaching a positive outcome, and I thank you again for the time you have spent reading this letter.

Sincerely,

Mathew Lastname

It looks good to me, also.

The only comments I will make is where you are taking full blame for all that occurred. Unemployment, if other than self temination, is not your fault. Therefore, I would word it as such, but, not as an excuse, as fact. As to the Medical, black out any diagnosis or treatment as it is none of their business. You can leave the dates, amounts, and other non-informative info. Yes, they should understand the blackouts with no problem as all legitimate businesses are aware of the HIPAA law.