Good news

CreditJunky

Well my score went from 518 to 528 in about 3 wks just from paying my bills on-time. I know, I know......but to get to the top, you have to get off your bottom!!!

i will start disputing all my lates, pay down all my debts....like $10,000 in total.......and start bargaining with creditors now that i have about $6000 to work with. Anybody have any ideas. Has anyone ever negotiated to pay the entire balance off of a credit card for removal of negative reporting, such as 30 days . 90 days late. Will MBNA, or Citi budge? has anyone ever dealt with M&I bank? All the experts help me please!!!!

Congratulations on getting started! :goodluck:

Be careful on disputing lates. You may inadvertantly get good tradelines deleted from your credit report. It all depends on the age of these accounts. If these accounts have a long history, they are actually helping your score...even with lates. Your best bet on late pays is to write goodwill letters to the CC co and request for them to delete the lates. FICO puts alot of weight into the age of your credit history. So be careful.