Alltel/Nationwide credit

kjunior

Good Morning,

Okay i sent dv letter to Nationwide credit who is the ca for Alltel on 3/15/05. they have the account listed as a cellular account in which in fact is not. Will the ca really turn this account back over to Alltel? will they delete from reports although the reports reflect alltel and not the collection agency? if in fact it comes back verified should i go ahead and pay the collection? i'm scared of this bringing my scores down while trying to get a mortgage loan. I just need to know the right thing to do about this account. this is the only negative account i've had to pop up in over a year of filing ch7. This account was in my name but at m mothers home years ago, so i completely forgot about it and hse switched services w/out paing the last bill, and has now fallen back on me and my credit. i don't mind paying the account if they can validate. i don't really know how they can validate by saying it's a cellular account when it's residential so i'm just needing a little advice on what to expect or what to do next.

Will paying this account bring scores down when trying to get a loan? it's already 129 days past due.

Thanks

i gathered this info off another boar. can anyone tell me how to handle this at this point as far as how the ca/oc reporting info:'

One thing that strikes me is that any of your "Charge-off" accounts have anything to do with your "debt ratio". If the charge-offs are reported correctly they SHOULD NOT SHOW a 'PAST DUE/CURRENT BALANCE."

Okay, on this Alltel account that is reported twice to Transunion. The account is charged off but still showing a past due balance is this not a violation, along with reporting as a cellular account when it is a residential account? if so how would i tackle this if you don't mind me asking. this is the only negative account i have on my reports since i filed my bk and I'm wanting to keep my reports as clean as possible. i did go in and send a dv letter to ca, sent complaint thru pfb and disputed with bureau's as never had cellular account with this company.