We paid the OC in full and a CA is calling the house MEDICAL

Lizzy

We have a bill from an ambulance company. I sent the payment in full ($500.00)to the OC via CMRR. They won't pick up the mail and the CA is calling the house. The OC told me to pay the CA after we sent payment in. What do I do now? Can someone guide me as what I should do? They (CA) are calling the house and we won't speak to them. Thank you~Liz

What person in the right mind would REFUSE money???

Folks, this isn't that hard. Somebody at the billing department is not the president/CEO of the company. What do you think you do when some little peon with a Napoleon complex decides to play toughguy?

Did you work out an agreement with the OC (in writing) to recall and delete the collection from your report? This is something we speak of daily.

Contact the top brass of the company and go from there. Keep us informed!

:)%

Doc, I didn't know it was in collections. The letter came AFTER I sent payment. They sent us a collection letter at the same time I sent payment so it crossed paths in the mail. As far as I know it is not on his report yet. Before I learned on this board NOT to pay a CA until you have something in writing, we paid the same CA in full on a different medical bill and THEN they placed the collection on my husbands report. I will NEVER fall for that again. Although this one is not reporting, I knew if I paid the CA it would start showing. Liz

I been here since 2002...I have learned alot and cleaned up our reports. My credit is clean except for another bill that just hit my report and tanked my score 96 points for a measly $40.00. Which I was paying and the OC turned me to collections but still continued to cash my checks. The OC on that one just cashed the check I sent along with the HIPPA letter. Hopefully I can get that deleted. We have alot of medical bills from my son getting hit by a car last year. The last time the CA called, I had her so shook up, she hung up on me. Knowledge is power, but sometimes I need help in cases like this one. Liz

Hope it works out for you. Make your letter stern but non-threatening. There's no reason for this moron in the billing department to play hard-a$$, especially with money that doesn't belong to them.

If I sounded like I was singling you out, I apologize - I wasn't. I was making a general statement to all that these CSR's and billing people you speak to are not the final word. They probably don't even have the authority to tell you 'no' in the first place. No matter the issue, when you are getting nowhere, move up the corporate ladder.

You might want to go into the USPS website and print out the information regarding your CMMR. It verify what date you sent it out. If you should decide to contact anyone in upper management it will support the fact that sent this out in good faith prior to being contacted by the collection agency.