10 items deleted!!!

I recently disputed several items from TU. They sent me my credit report with ten items deleted. Negative ones!!!!! There are still a few things on there that are not correct but they came back verified. I now need to go through the DV with the CRA. How long should I wait and should I DV the creditor as well.

Congrats on the deletes.

You should read the DV section on the main website, and study the flowchart.

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/rebuild/debt_validation.shtml

You don't DV the CRA... you DV the CA because they are the one trying to collect the debt and they report the info to the CRA.

If any item on you credit report comes back verified, you can ask the CRA for "method of verification."

Good luck.

I recently disputed several items from TU. They sent me my credit report with ten items deleted. Negative ones!!!!! There are still a few things on there that are not correct but they came back verified. I now need to go through the DV with the CRA. How long should I wait and should I DV the creditor as well.

Whoo-hoo! Did you do this online or by mail? I would LOVE to know!

I would love to know how you got ten items deleted on one shot as I am sure the rest of the board would.

I can't answer for her, but I can see how it could easily happen. When you disput online, you just go down the line and click on each item that you want to dispute. Sometimes you get real lucky and and get a lazy person at the CA who doesn't want to hassle that much work, so they will just delete them to get rid of your file off their desk. (They probably give some automated cause to the company for each one).

I've always been able to get things deleted. Not always the ones I want the most, but many. Even some mortgage related ones from my husband's ex-wife that everyone said I would never get deleted. The CAs don't like persistence - it gives them more work!

All the above is just my opinion~

First of all let me tell you how this came about. I went to apply for a new car loan and was denied. I knew that I had some negative marks on my CR, but not like it was. CA's are jerks and they will do any trick that they can think of to hurt people. I was at a loss for words. I went home and found this sight which was a godsend. Thanks guys!!!!!! Over the next month I read everything that had been written on here. Still learning though. I got familiar with the basics, ordered my CR's from the big 3 and disputed every negative mark on my CR's as "not mine" by mail CMRRR. I waited...... The first to respond was TU they sent my a letter stating that they were investigating. A week later I get a new report from TU, they removed 10 negative items. Next Equifax removed 9, now I am waiting on Experian their time is running out. Read this sight and absord all of the information that you can, make a plan, be organized and start your journey. I am still a rookie with a lot to learn, but I think that I have started off on the right foot. I hope that you do too. BE ORGANIZED!!! My next step is to DV the CA,s their dirty and I hope that I will have some success. Good luck and thanks..............

Great response- thanks! One question, did you dispute each item in an individual letter/envelope, or all in one list? The darn postage gets so expensive, but if I have to do it individually, I will.

Also, you say, "big 3." Did you buy a 3-in-1 report, or a report from each CB?

Also, do you happen to know if I can DV a CA months after they started in with me? I read here that you have to do it within the first 30 days. No one has answered me this question on the other forum area about DV.

When i disputed the issues on my CR I did it all in one letter. I wrote a form letter to the each CRA and sent 3 letters total. It cost about $2.50 per letter. You do have the right to dispute as many items as you like as many times as you like. From what I understand though is the CRA's can get fed up with it so be smart. Everyone says about every 60 days.

I did buy one of those 3 in 1 jobs and I really didn't seem to like it very much. Plus they want me to buy a new one every so often. It seems like a pretty big scam. By the way does anyone have a reputable sight that I can view my CR on a regular basis that won't cost me an arm and a leg?

As far a the DV thing goes check your question in the DV section of this sight. I believe that you have the right to validate your debt at any time, after all the CA says they owe you money they have to prove it. Then there are rules that they have to follow. My best advice woould be to read the DV section a few times to get it right. I cannot stress enought that you have to be organized and follow through with anything that you do. Don't be fooled. Study!!!....

By the way does anyone have a reputable sight that I can view my CR on a regular basis that won't cost me an arm and a leg?

THANKS MUCH AGAIN. Doesn't it lower your credit score every time you look at your file? (I read that somewhere over at about.com's credit site).

I have been submitting my disputes via the CRA's websites and it does not cost a thing. I even had a friend that had a judgement removed just by submitting the dispute online. Is this ok to do or do we need to submit them by mail?

>>I have been submitting my disputes via the CRA's websites and it does not cost a thing. I even had a friend that had a judgement removed just by submitting the dispute online. Is this ok to do or do we need to submit them by mail?<<

Yeah of course it's "ok' to do. By mail is ok, too, but then you have to pay for Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested (CMRRR) and maybe it takes longer, but I'm not sure about that. I know the CRA's hate mail, and are trying to get everyone to only do it online!

I use PrivacyGuard.com to pull my reports on an almost daily basis. I pay $12 a month for it. They have a better deal if you call them up and pay something like $79 for a year.

Online disputes with the CRAs are faster and cost less. Just make sure you print out the confirmation page and keep the confirmation email in case you need to take the CRA or CA to court.

>>I use PrivacyGuard.com to pull my reports on an almost daily basis. I pay $12 a month for it. They have a better deal if you call them up and pay something like $79 for a year.

Online disputes with the CRAs are faster and cost less.<<

Wait, I'm confused about what you said here. A report from the 3 individual credit agencies costs about $9-12 online each, and you can dispute for free and re-use that report number alot to continue work on your file online.

However, $12 a month to pull ALL 3 of your reports on almost a daily basis sounds like a GREAT DEAL. How do you figure that the online disputes cost less than that? Am I misunderstanding you? Is Privacy Guard NOT an online service?

Also, It's my experience that any online 3-in-1 report will not let you dispute anything. Has something changed?