OC reporting

creditrookie

I received a letter from a CA stating they had purchased a debt from the OC recently. Can the OC still report and verify on my CRA's if they no longer own the debt?

Yes, there are two sections for accounts, one for the OC and one for the CA. If you just recieved the letter from the CA, you need to send a request for validation asap and this way, they can't place it on your reports (unless it's already there).

• 2 weeks later...
what if it's already there and you send a dv letter?

If it's already there, you should dispute it as not mine. If it remains, go DV. Send it CMRRR, track it and when you know they signed for it, dispute with the CRA's again using another reason. This will force them into the 30 day window in which either to not respond, resulting in deletion, or respond but if they do so, they have to include a notice of your dispute which they rarely do.

what happens once the ca send the account back to the oc, do they delete from report or does the oc investigate and maybe sell to another ca?

If they send it back, they should delete their TL but yes, the OC can transfer it to another CA who may place it on your report. You need to deal with whomever you have reporting on your files.