Need Help....letter from McCleskey, Harriger, Brazill &

I received a letter in the mail yesterday from these attorney's. It states: Enclosed please find Plaintiff's Interrogatories in Aid of Judgement persuant to Texas Rules of Civil Procedure 621a regarding the above-referenced account.

Please be advised that if you do not answer these Discovery requests in writing, within the time required, we may seek sanctions against you pursuant to Texas Rule of Civil Procedure 215. The court could then order you to answer the Discovery and pay the attorney's fees and costs of court incurred for our being compelled to seek sanctions. Furthermore, if you refuse to answer the Discovery, you could be held in contempt of court.

We would ask that you please respond to this Discovery by mailing your written responses to us within 35 days of your receipt of the Discovery requests. If you fail to respond, we will assume that you will not respond without further court proceedings.

WE ARE PUT ON NOTICE THAT WE ARE ATTEMPTING TO COLLECT A CONSUMER DEBT AND ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED WILL BE USED FOR THAT PURPOSE. THIS COMMUNICATION IS FROM A DEBT COLLECTOR.

Do I HAVE to answer these questions included in the letter...they want to know my bank name, account number, where I work, how long, how much I get paid, how often...etc....I am a little leery about just giving all this information up. Can I call my county clerk/courthouse to see if this has been filed with them?

Please help...... :(

Thanks for the feedback.....I am just getting so irritated with this whole thing. My initial balance on this debt was $15K, and now they want $19K....If this went to court, what could I expect? Could I just write these attorneys and set up some payment plan with them. if not, then I have a family member who is willing to lend me a few $K to try and settle with them. Should I contact them about either of those choices, after I answer the discovery of course. Otherwise, I don't know how else they are going to get any money from me....can't they see that if I can't even pay off $15K, how would I be able to pay on $19K??? ugh...so frustrated and stressed out!!

You have been served with interrogatories for a DEBTOR'S EXAM and YES, you MUST answer them ! They are not kidding when they say you can be forced into court to answer in front of a judge and they CAN charge you with contempt. DO NOT ignore these ! You have a judgment against you, they have the right to ask all those personal questions and you have to answer them. They can't garnish wages in TX, but they CAN sieze your bank accounts and any non-exempt assets.

If you want to end up in front of a judge or even be arrested and put in jail, go ahead and ignore the interrogatories - its a COURT ORDER that you MUST answer !

Yeah, that is a discovery request to enforce a judgement. Debtor's exam, I guess.

Did you recieve notice of the judgement? Did you recieve a summons? Have you heard anything about a legal case or something from these lawyers or any others before? Defintately something that could be attacked if they didnt' do it right.

Garnsihment is not allowed in Tx other than child support, student loans, and back taxes.

Well before any of this took place, I received a citation (that the Sheriff) served me with, saying I was being SUED....and I replied back to them with a DV letter.....now they are asking for this discovery, which I intend to answer...I am just nervous and clueless to this whole mess...I wish I could win the lottery and just pay everything back that I owe in order to get them off my back. I do appreciate all the feedback and advice this forum has given me....I am slowly learning...the hardway, but I am learning....

thanks guys!