2nd letter sent off to Asset

I had disputed Asset with the CRAs at the end of January, they of course verified with the CRAs. I sent them a validation letter dated 2/28/05. Got a response from them, which was exactly what I knew it would be. They sent a copy of the information they had on their computers. They then asked for me to call to resolve the debt. I have a second dispute put in with the CRAs which they haven't responded to yet.

Today I sent off a second letter clarifying that what they send me wasn't adequate. We will see what their response is now. I think I got them now for a FDCPA violation just for continued collection in their reply letter. They haven't yet verified with the CRAs yet, but I'm sure they will so we will get some FCRA violations. You would think they would stop doing what they know isn't adequate. Who knows, maybe they like getting sued.

Well, Today they verified the debt with Equifax, and if was removed from Experian Yesterday without me even disputing it. I'm a little confused as to why it disappeared from Experian with no effort on my part, but it is being repeatedly verified with Equifax. I will see if they respond to my letter sent last week. They still have the 30 days from the 4th of March to do something. After that I am going to send them my ITS letter, and file against them for their violations.

At the initial trial...., the judge knew they tried to serve me and here that is enough. When i filed a motion to vacate, with proof the credit card wasnt on any of my credit files, and that the lawyers had garnished my wages at a firm i never worked for, I lost the motion to vacate. In short....I lost because i didnt have a lawyer, but the suit was for $400 and the lawyer wanted $500 for the motion.

Tried to serve you? Were you in hiding? If you could have reasonably been found, the plaintiff has the duty to exercise all remedies to locate the defendant before giving up on service and attesting to it (should have been in affidavit form that a judge has to sign off on....verbal doesnt count). Id look over that case again if for no other reason that to know what not to do next time.

Nope....wasnt hiding. The court said that because they tried to serve me, that was good enough for him. If thats the case......cant a process server serve you when he knows you wont be home......like during the day when you are at work? Then the law firm will be guaranteed a default judgment every time.

Just a coincidence....but a few years ago some thugs tried to steal my friends truck outside of a restaurant....in front of 5, yes 5, undercover cops who were there becasue that was common then in this area. I swear it was this judge becasue I was a witness.....but it was a long time ago. Anyways the case was thrown out after a year or so with 5 police offices as witness, and the crooks had priors.

And there wont be a next time, this whole case was initiated by identity theft.

Nah...Im not feeling like taking on a Judge too....actually he is more of a wimp. Like Lance Ito back in the day....he lets the lawyers run the courtroom. If I had one...it would be different.

I think the guy who stole my friends truck turned his life around and became a collection agent....or did he? Who gets more girls a car thief or a collection agent??????????

I had disputed Asset with the CRAs at the end of January, they of course verified with the CRAs. I sent them a validation letter dated 2/28/05. Got a response from them, which was exactly what I knew it would be. They sent a copy of the information they had on their computers. They then asked for me to call to resolve the debt. I have a second dispute put in with the CRAs which they haven't responded to yet.

Today I sent off a second letter clarifying that what they send me wasn't adequate. We will see what their response is now. I think I got them now for a FDCPA violation just for continued collection in their reply letter. They haven't yet verified with the CRAs yet, but I'm sure they will so we will get some FCRA violations. You would think they would stop doing what they know isn't adequate. Who knows, maybe they like getting sued.

Continued collection activity? How do you figure that?

When Asset sends its Account Statement in response to DV, the cover letter tells you to call them to resolve this issue. It also says on the Account Statement to "Make payments to ASSET ACCEPTANCE LLC". Telling you to call to resolve the debt is CCA. This whole thing reverts back to whether a response to DV is proper validation. Asset's Account Statement was not obtained from the OC so it doesnt qualify as validation. Im still trying to get a grasp on Chaudhry.....