Need Credit help bad! Extra addresses, TU says can't valid

thejoshua

Do extra addresses and old employers hurt your score? I have a charge off on my account which is the only negative thing on there, but I'm trying to clean up my report while I'm doing this. When I called Transunion they said they could not validate? So they couldn't access my account? Also my age is showing up wrong on the experian and equifax report. I'm really confused, someone please help.

Your score is higher if you have been at the same address/employer for a number of yrs. I'm not sure though how much. Do you have other repairing to do? If so, that may take first priority. Did you not have your ssn or something when you called? They normally just ask me my personal info and that's enough. I think that stuff is pretty minor if you have other more damaging things.

Start by reading over the terminology and abbreviations used. It will help you make sense of things.

You don't validate with the Trans Union or any of the CRA's. You dispute, and they turn the dispute over to the reporting party who is supposed to verify the information.

Validation is for collection agencies.

If they couldn't access your TU file, it could be because something has been entered incorrectly. If that's the case, I see a long road ahead of you to get it straightened out.

Simply dispute personal information - if your birth date is wrong, give them the correct one.

Personal information (addresses, employers) does not effect your score. However, there are other reasons to want to remove them. Start browsing over the forum and use the search function to help get you started. The only time that information comes into play is when you apply for credit and they ask for time on the job and years of residence - this according to FICO.

Welcome aboard!