Satisfied foreclosure showing up 2 years later.

CreditIssues

In 2002 I went through a forecloseure. The property was sold at sherrif sale and I was sent a 1099 that year for the difference because the mortgage company wrote off the debt. Two years later I find out that the attorney that handled the foreclosure didn't satisfy the judgement so I called him and he filed it that day. The problem is that now it shows up on my credit report as being satisfied in 2004 instead of 2002 and not only tanked my score but added two more years to the date of last activity so they can report it. Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks

It's possible the Lexis/Nexis subcontractor laptop drone just mis-entered the date that the satisfaction was entered, versus the date the satisfaction showed as its operant date. In that case you need to dispute the date with the CRAs. You need to get a copy of the satisfaction and review it. The attorney probably did it right, but if not...

The attorney should be willing to file an amended satisfaction for you. There may be a separate filing necessary to strike the original satisfaction from the county records ... or not ... the attorney should know what will be necessary to correct his error ... you shouldn't have to live with the public record for more years than necessary.