first dv response. where to go from here?

ggluvbug

i received a letter from rmj aquisitions telling me that they purchased a debt i had from fingerhut. i don't know what the debt is. i sent a dv letter, and they send back a bunch of computer generated invoices. they looked like someone made them on their home computer. no copies of signatures. they did say they were ceasing collections until the matter was completely investigated. i asked for verification that they were licensed to collect in my state. they didn't send that either. they also sent a checklist type form letter for me to fill out and return to let them know specifically what i was debating.

all of this said, now i am wondering how i should respond. i have never gone through this part of the credit repair process before.

i am in mississippi.

i didn't trust the checklist. i thought it was fishing too. i just didn't know if i should give them anymore response.

they are not reporting on my report yet. the other collection agancy they bought the debt from is still on my report.