Should I pay the repo

DivineDiva

I have a 5 year old repo on my CR with a 4k balance. They are offering to settle for 1500. The LO said I need to get my score up 1 more point. If I accept the settlement and pay off the repo, will that boost my score?

Yeah get it in writing that they will agree to a delete or removal if its paid!

Simple as that.

Loan officer says 1 point? that almost sounds like someones pulling your leg, but who knows you could be that close.

I have a 5 year old repo on my CR with a 4k balance. They are offering to settle for 1500. The LO said I need to get my score up 1 more point. If I accept the settlement and pay off the repo, will that boost my score?

Yeah get it in writing that they will agree to a delete or removal if its paid!

Simple as that.

Loan officer says 1 point? that almost sounds like someones pulling your leg, but who knows you could be that close.

I'm with you on that. That sounds a little odd, one point?? I mean its not like your at the 639, and you need a 640..