contacting a live person at Equifax...

Well, I have a report, but it is actually from CSC Credit Services. For some reason (maybe my location), I can't get an actual Equifax report. The one I have has no report number on it. I called the number listed on the report, but it is just a recording to tell you to log on or mail for disputes. *sigh*

Do I have any other options?

They WILL NOT let you speak to a rep wthout a report number. I ordered one online, and they did not give me a report number for that either, presumably to promote online disputes rather than phone disputes (probably cheaper?).

I disputed something on my report via mail, then wait for the returned investigation to have an investigation number. Now I can reference that number if I want to call them. It lets me right through.

How annoying! I ordered online and disputed a few things. Their time is up next week, so I guess I'll wait & see if they send a new report. If it doesn't have a report number on it, I'll have to break down and buy one. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll just fix the thing I wanted to talk to them about. Hey...It could happen!! 8-)

Thanks!!

Not true, not true. I have dealt with CSC and they are fairly easy to deal with. Here's the real number:800-445-6999

FYI, the number equifax has listed for CSC just happens to be disconnected.

I would just call and say that you don't have the report number right in front of you or that you left it back at the house and are at work. Something plausably deniable.

Or get a free report by saying you were denied credit. You can do this online via their website. Then you have a new report number. If they ask for the date, ping it off one of your recent inq's.

Thanks, fortyseven. I will call that number today. I DO have a report, but it doesn't have a report number on it. I'm not sure if it's because I requested the report online or what, but there is no number on it anywhere. The phone number listed at the top works, but it is just a recording. No live person. :roll: At this point I'd be happy with a "customer service" email address.