Validation?

divemedic

Usually I am pretty good with validation issues, but look here:

I am helping g/f with several TL's from a CA called Automated Accounts in WA. They have a total of 6 TL's on her CR. There are 3 actual accounts here, each double reported. The verified with CRA, got 1st round DV, sent dunning letter to us 1 week later, reverified all 6 with CRA (no dispute notices), sent second DV. Next day (before they received it, but after second dunning letter was sent) sent a copy of two things:

1 various things that comprise half-hearted validation on damages to an apartment. doesn't add up to match claimed amount. they are also attempting to claim interest on this amount. The total does not equal any of the TL's in question. There is a copy of a lease that expired 1 year prior to the DOLA, no documentation of any renewal.

2 a print out with her name and the address from the apartment at the top, and alternating line items bill, payment, bill, payment, etc., the total is equal to the second TL. No mention of what this service or bill is for. OC is Avista Utilities.

DOLA on both is 4/01, so the SOL is out on #2 (assuming utilities are considered open accounts in WA). #1 is a mess. No mention of validation info on the 3rd TL.

I KNOW I have multiple violations here.

My questions:

1 Even if item #1 is for an apartment, there is no mention in the lease copy they sent that interest is allowed. Is it allowed by law in WA?

2 Is #2 proper validation? Not sure on this one.

1 Even if item #1 is for an apartment, there is no mention in the lease copy they sent that interest is allowed. Is it allowed by law in WA?

In some states, there is an interest rate somone can use if it's not specifically stated in the contract. You'll have to look it up.

2 Is #2 proper validation? Not sure on this one.

Where is the contract? And since the services aren't spelled out, it's doubley iffy.