pay OC instead of CA?

chaberek

I have a neg tradeline reported by a CA, original creditor is a local gym at another state. Since I have moved to different state, they send my balance to coll. Is it better for me to contact an OC and pay them instead of dealing with CA? I want to pay back, but I do not want to do it with CA, which calls me all the time. After I pay to OC, is CA obligated to remove a coll. from my report?Thank you for advise

How old is the debt & how much is it? Your always better dealing with an OC. Who is listing it? Is it within the SOL? In my case, I sent a C&D to the CA. I called the OC shortly after and told them that I wanted to work it out with them.. no CA's. We didn't come to an agreement then, but she did notate the account that I ordered a C&D on the CA. I did work it out with the OC later on.. but was never contacted by a CA again.

I have a neg tradeline reported by a CA, original creditor is a local gym at another state. Since I have moved to different state, they send my balance to coll. Is it better for me to contact an OC and pay them instead of dealing with CA? I want to pay back, but I do not want to do it with CA, which calls me all the time. After I pay to OC, is CA obligated to remove a coll. from my report?Thank you for advise

Well that all depends, you would need to contact the OC, give them a seriously good argument as to why you think that the bill should have never went to collections, or play dumb that you thought that you were paid in full or that if you stopped using your member ship that the billing would stop, they always try to lock people in to contract commitments at those fitness centers *they've ruined a good many peoples credit with that BS* any way, think of the best angle, either using sugar, pleading ignorance, or be aggressive and tell them that you never ever pay for goods or services that were either; not received, not delivered as promised, or you didn’t agree to accept or purchase, under no uncertain terms.

Then deal with the OC, they can recall if from collections, they will likely tell you a different story, if they realize your savvy and you know your stuff you may do well to persuade them. So simply stated I would tell them that there are some disputes on the bill, and because of that; legally it should not have been placed in collections, and that it is your personal policy to deal with the original creditor and never a bottom feeder collection agency. Leave out the bottom feeder part. Then see if an agreement can be reached, then once it’s settled and fully satisfied you can dispute the debts with the CA, and DV them, and they have no pot to pee in. If certain mistakes are made, which as a rule they generally are, it could even lead to an award for you if you pursue small claims.

In the old days before there was so much good information available on web sites such as this one, people would send a check to the OC after they received an item from collections and if the OC cashed it then they could dispute the account from the CA with the reporting companies, and even take those buggers from the CA to small claims court for illegally attempting collecting of a debt. I know of one CA right now that has a major contract with a large metropolitan city and they are likely going to lose that account when I get finished dealing with them for their general illegal bad debt practices.