Target Guest Card / Paypal Platinum Visa

Ok, I just tried to apply and received this message:

"Our records indicate that you’ve recently applied for a Visa® card issued by Providian. We regret that we cannot accept another application at this time. Your application for the PayPal VISA credit card does not affect the status of your PayPal account or your application for a PayPal account in any way.

If you have any questions, you can contact us by phone at 1-800-497-2835, Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific time. Thank you for choosing PayPal Visa® Platinum Card."

I completely forgot that I recently applied for, and was rejected by another Providian card.

No anual fee, or any of those nifty things that come with Apire, First Premier, Etc. Odd thing is, I applied through Providian direct, and got denied. Applied for the Paypal one, and wa la! Go figure. Interest rate is high but I'm sure over time that can be remedied.

Aside from balance transfers, the interest rate isn't really that important IMO. My understanding of the road to credit repair is to pay balances in full or leave a small (<$20) balance on the card. So even on high rate cards, the interest accrued is either 0 or close to it, no? Again, balance transers should be at the lowest possible rate, so that is a totally different situation.

Congrats on the Paypal Platinum card Peacock!