Asset Acceptance B.S.

I am hoping that the experts can give me some advice for my next step. On March 14 I sent a DV letter to Asset Acceptance on a $104.00 collection they have for SBC. I also sent a "not mine"dispute to the CRAs. Asset sent me back this letter today:

Thank you for your request for further validation of your SBC account. Enclosed find an account statement... This statement is nothing more than an Asset account print out. There is no other documentation. Asset now has put this account on all my credit bureau files and is reporting 60 or 90 day delinquint status on them.

What should I do? Pay for Delete? It is only $104.00, but I want to buy a house soon so I could do without the negatives on my credit report.

You have to read the state statutes. In the case of Washington and Michigan a debt colloctor is defined something like "Collects debts for others...". A JDB does not require licensing in that case, so unless they have not purchased and are only assigned the debt they may not need a license.