Clarification Please!!

Northern Lights

Excerpt from Transunion report: Adverse account information may be generally be reported for 7 years from the "DATE OF THE FIRST DELINQUENCY"

Excerpt does not say from "Date of Last Activity"(dola) or proceeding (dola). I had success in removing some negative accounts with the above process, along with having old credit reports showing the dates of the first delinquency in which my newer reports don't show.(This is why keeping all of your reports is very important)

Anyone else having success removing negatives by showing the date of first delinquency?

Also will someone please and try to clarify why transunion states from date of first delinquency and not dola?

Dive: Thank you for your response, I was reading and receiving conflicting responses about DOLA and Date of first delinquency.

I have two more accounts that I found DOFD on my old reports where they are not showing on my current reports. I will be sending off my copies to the credit bureaus now, to have them removed.

Excerpt from Transunion report: Adverse account information may be generally be reported for 7 years from the "DATE OF THE FIRST DELINQUENCY"

Excerpt does not say from "Date of Last Activity"(dola) or proceeding (dola). I had success in removing some negative accounts with the above process, along with having old credit reports showing the dates of the first delinquency in which my newer reports don't show.(This is why keeping all of your reports is very important)

This is incorrect, it is not date of first delinquency because you may be delinquent and bring the account current and continue to be current for several months then default again. At that point, the 7 years does not start on your FIRST delinquency.

In general. The 7-year period referred to in paragraphs (4) and (6) 3 of subsection (a) shall begin, with respect to any delinquent account that is placed for collection (internally or by referral to a third party, whichever is earlier), charged to profit and loss, or subjected to any similar action, upon the expiration of the 180-day period beginning on the date of the commencement of the delinquency which immediately preceded the collection activity, charge to profit and loss, or similar action.

See this thread for information on the 7 year reporting period. The "DOLA" is what normally EQ has stated is this particular date, that is why we refer to that.

http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9129

Anyone else having success removing negatives by showing the date of first delinquency?

That's great if they were removed, however, it may not have been simply because they weren't verifiable, or because that was the date preceeding the charge-off

Also will someone please and try to clarify why transunion states from date of first delinquency and not dola?

Because they're too lazy to write out the entire sentence spelled out in the FCRA.

Is the OC required to note the date of charge-off? Because I have a particular account that shows numerous 90+ days lates, but the account is a charge-off now. But I do not know the date of the charge-off, lets say theoretically if they charged off the account 4 years ago, I can understand the collection or CO status, but are they allowed to continued to put 90+day lates, as we know this is where major point damage is assessed.

I am not sure what to do with this creditor, I am about to send out my DV letter, but the TL is all wrong. I was involved in a total car accident, the internal insurance on my loan paid all but $249, I didnt know, I had moved, so I called her and I asked her why the high balance of $15,000 waasnt showing and it was replaced with the $249 they say I owe, basically looking like I have a $249 car loan that I defaulted on. Very bizarre. On my FICO report, I do not see any payments for the large amount that was made because of the insurance, only several references of 90+ day lates since the accident and a CO. Here is the TL below.

I am just trying to find some leverage on this account, oviously my DV will hopefully get some information, assuming they have my actuall contract. Dive how does the discovery work when taking a OC to court, will I be able to subpena all necc. documents?

ORGANIZED LABOR CRED

Account Number: 18XXXX

Acct Type: Installment

Acct Status: Open

Monthly Payment: $344

Date Open: Sep, 2000

Balance: $249

Terms: N/A

High Balance: $249

Limit: N/A

Past Due: $1,333

Remarks: N/A

Payment Status: Bad debt& placed for collection& skip

Like I had said the loan was $15,000. I had made about 9 payments before the accident.

champion: I would call the insurance company and get a copy of the payment records for the vehicle.

If you cannot obtain the records I would cal the original creditor and try talking with them since you can't DV them, and advised them that the insurance covered everything and see what they say.

I would then send off not mine letters to credit bureaus.