Any advice on how to figure out if SOL has expired

Gitana

Hello all, I am trying to figure out if SOL has expired on a certain debt, from what I can remember it was charged off in 2000. I have a credit report from Experian but it does not state the date of last activity, I have read that an Equifax report would provide this date. If I went to court would the date of last activity on a credit report be sufficient evidence to prove that the debt is past SOL?

Thank you :D

Hello all, I am trying to figure out if SOL has expired on a certain debt, from what I can remember it was charged off in 2000. I have a credit report from Experian but it does not state the date of last activity, I have read that an Equifax report would provide this date. If I went to court would the date of last activity on a credit report be sufficient evidence to prove that the debt is past SOL?

Thank you :D

I think you are confused with what SOL is. Check this link

http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=28332

Thank you for the link :) I'm not so much concerned with the 7 yr time frame of reporting to credit reporting agencies but more with finding out how if I go to court I can prove that the SOL on a particular debt has expired. The Sol in Cali is 4 yrs from what I know. My problem is that I unfortunatly don't have any old records to show when my account first went deliquent and from what I understand if we go to court it is my responsibility to prove that the SOL has expired. I'm wondering if the DOLA that is reported on some credit reports is enough evidence to prove that the 4 yr SOL has actually expired. I am almost positive that this particular debt became delinquent in the end of 99 and from what I can see on the credit report it was charged off in 2000, what is strange is that it's reporting 2 charge off dates one in 2000 and one in 2003 when I have had no contact nor made any payment on this account since. I just want to make sure that if I send them a letter stating that if they take me to court I will use expired SOL as a affirmative defense that I have proof to back it up. Mind you there are 2 ca's trying to collect on the same account and neither has validated the debt as of yet. I guess if I kept better records this wouldn't be a problem :(

P.s I already called the OC and they no longer have records which makes sense since I think the debt now belongs to World Asset Management or something like that and the CA contacting me workd for them I don't have the papers on me at the moment but they are called something like Capital something or other