Settle with Asset or not?

Hunterpro

I need some advice. I had SBC as my priior phone service (2001). I switch phone companies in 2001 and go about my business. In January I pull PG and find ASSet acceptance has put a collection account on my credit report for $104.00 for an SBC bill. I DV'd ASSet and disputed on my credit file as "not mine". I called SBC and they told me that they did sell an account to ASSet acceptance. My question is even though I hate ASSet should I agree to pay this small amount for a delete on all three of my CB's? OR what other ideas do you have?

I might want to settle for a pay/delete because SBC stated they DID sell the account to ASSet. ASSet is also reporting this to all three bureaus and it is appearing as recent lates and that is having a very negative effect on my credit score. I did DV ASSet and they said thanks for the validation letter here is some info...it was only a computer print out showing my name..address.ss#...and phone number.

ASSet did or at least they think they validated this. I did have SBC as my provider...is it possible that I had a balance with them. Sure it is posible. SBC only had record that they sold this account to ASSet...they could or would not tell me for how much they sold the account. Asset says I owe $104.00. If they delete the acount from the credit bureaus why not pay the $104.00 by deleting this it will improve my credit score.

a computer generated printout is not a correct validation and don't let them allow you to think that it is. send out another dv letter and i would mention to have them correctly validate this because a computer generated printout tells you nothing about the account, or if in fact it is truly your account.

good luck

According to PG they have not reported this account as disputed and you are correct in that the piece of paper they sent me is not my idea of validation as anyone with a computer could make a statement like that. I am in the process of buying a house and I figured paying them might help my credit scores more quickly.