Oops! Disputed as IIB instead of "not mine"

ThePeacock

Is there anyway I can go back in a few months and try to undo what

I did? I disputed 5 TLs as need to be changed to IIB back in Feb. From what I've learned I should have tried "not mine" first.

Do I have any chance with these now? They are supposed to fall off my CRs between 2006-2007

Unfortunately you are stuck. You cannot go back in time on this. I actually accidentally disputed a public record which was not on file with one reporting company and they added it, at that point I had 2 options; nutcase vs. proactively. It actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise in the end, because it catalyzed me to engage in the process of getting an order to remove it once and for all. I suggest that people should be careful about how they dispute *reasons* and; only dispute items which appear on a particular reporting company. Some dip weed may get a 3 in 1 and make the mistake of disputing every single item on it with all 3 reporting companies. Big no, no.

Keep at it, you will get your credit in good shape if you don't give up.

Hills and valleys.

Yeah, I wish I had found these credit forums before I started with the CRAs on on person's advice. Oh well, what's done is done. They all should be gone no later than 2007. That's when I plan to start the home buying process and I've got about 6 new TLs to help out. Once I get Asset Acceptance off my last report (which I've been very successful when I pointed out their 2 big no no's) and get this pesky utility thing taken care of I'm done for a while. I'm gonna keep all my reports to check against re-aging and let time take it's course.

You can go ahead and dispute them again (in about 60 days) with another reason (don't use "not mine") Look for ANY inaccuracies on the tradeline, wrong dollar amounts, wrong dates, if the acct # is wrong.. state that you do not recognize the account etc... good luck :) We are glad you are here! :D -Jenn