I wonder are there any other options once a creditor validates a debt. i ask because i sent out a few dv letters a couple of weeks ago, havent received any validations yet, but im wondering if there are any other options besides calling them and trying to settle. all of the dv letters are about to fall into the sol category this month or within the next couple of months, should i just wait it out. dont want to settle because i think the sol clock will start ticking again if im correct. :?:

Well, if you haven't received anything (validation) from the CAs why would you call and settle? If they do properly validate, you should find the PFD (Pay For Deletion) letter. Edited to add that you should really not talk to CAs on the phone, espically if you want to settle an account with them.

niner,

i was just asking so if and when i do receive a validation, i wanted to know all of my options. i just basically wanted to be prepared ahead of time, instead of posting my thread once i received it and had to wait for a response.

but thanks for your response.

p.s. i didnt want to settle, i was just looking at the flow chart on this board and saw that if the ca validates then the next step is supposedly settling.

First, a side question. When you got the green cards from the first DV, did you dispute with the CRA's that TL is on? You need to do that.

That is a little of a mistake. If they send you validation, look everything over. With a microscope. I will almost guarantee they have broken the law somewhere. Whether they are reporting mismatched dates, wrong balances or whatever, there is something wrong there.

That is when you send a second letter, telling them they are reporting incorrect information to the credit bureau. Don't tell them WHAT is incorrect, just that it is incorrect. It is the furnisher's responsibility to investigate, not yours.

When you get the green cards, dispute with the CRA's again. That way the FCRA requires them to investigate.

If they still don't fix it or delete, you have them. No need to settle.

b4 finding this site i had disputed all debts with the 3 cra's i had 2 come of, then i magically found this site with all helpful information and decided to send out the dv letters.

i have yet to do anything with the cra's since receiving the green cards. for one reason, im not exactly sure what to write to the cra's is there a sample form letter that i can look at and tweak.

i have noticed on all my cra's that the ca are all reporting the dolas as later dates, listed as open accounts with balances.

thank you for your helpful reponse dive.