I am just worried that because it was a utility -- that they will be able to validate and if they do, than they are going to want there $385 right this second..........Any input on them actually being able to validate -- it was an AMEREN UE bill....

I am just worried that because it was a utility -- that they will be able to validate and if they do, than they are going to want there $385 right this second..........Any input on them actually being able to validate -- it was an AMEREN UE bill....

Is it the CA that is holding the account? Who is reporting the debt on your credit report?

I DVd NCO in late February and disputed with the big 3 in mid-March. I have updated reports from TU and EQ with NCO gone. I am waiting for EX to send updated report and I can't wait to see if NCO is gone from there also.

Somebody posted earlier to watch for the TL to reappear under another CA. Is it safe to say that since NCO couldn't verify that the new CA will be in the same boat?

I DVd NCO in late February and disputed with the big 3 in mid-March. I have updated reports from TU and EQ with NCO gone. I am waiting for EX to send updated report and I can't wait to see if NCO is gone from there also.

Somebody posted earlier to watch for the TL to reappear under another CA. Is it safe to say that since NCO couldn't verify that the new CA will be in the same boat?

colection accounts are passed around all of the time. Just make sure you DV the CAs that are trying to collect against you.

I sent a dv letter to NCO on March 29th. A few days later Nco's listing dropped off all 3 of my reports. Today I received a letter from NCO stating account was closed and they had notified cra's to remove. It was signed by Lisa Signore VP legal compliance department

It seems as if a lot of you have had major success getting some negs from NCO removed from CRs. I have a medical bill that was ASSIGNED to NCO from the OC or the hospital where the bill was created. It's in the amount of $3900. I'm not saying that I don't owe the debt, I only want to know if would be wise to go ahead and DV NCO to try and get the collection off of my CR. I haven't disputed it with the CRAs yet. Can I DV NCO first to see if they will remove the neg. listing, or do I need to dispute it with the CRAs first? It is my understanding that since NCO hasn't actually purchased the debt, they have no legal right to collect. Is this true??

how old is the debt, sometimes you have to be careful sending dv letters. If its within the sol and the provide validation, you have to pay

It was listed back from Oct 05, and I believe they sent me a letter. I may still have it, but I haven't checked yet. I'm not saying that I'm not going to pay the debt because I know it's my bill, but I thought maybe I could get NCO to stop reporting it as a collection acct on my CR because it's screwing me up big time :evil: The reason why I wanted to know is because I read somewhere that NCO needs to have purchased the debt before they can legally collect, or else they will send the acct back to the OC for them to start collecting on it again. Is this true?

Don't quote me on that admin, as I mentioned that it's just something I read somewhere on another post. But it appears to be true to a certain extent. When you think about it, if they haven't actually PURCHASED the debt from the OC, then they're just acting as a mere middle man to try and collect for the OC. The OC can only threaten to ruin your CRs, file suit against you or take a loss and CO the debt. They only hire or ASSIGN the debt to CAs because they know that those b#@$%!*& will use ruthless tactics to get the money for them while they worry about other important things. Notice though that I capitalized "purchased" and "assigned". If the CA has purchased the debt, then it no longer belongs to the OC, and if the CA can validate the debt, then they're legally able to collect. If the debt has only been "assigned" the debt, then technically, the debt is not theirs and they can only pursue certain collection activities to collect the debt. The only bad thing is that the OC can push for the CA to file a judgement against you or the OC can file suit themselves!! Sucks, but no use crying over spilled milk right?? Clean it up and start over, but try not to get too messy this time!!! 8-)

I wrote a letter to NCO asking them nicely to remove the marks, they must have cause they're gone! Haven't heard back from them yet, but sure that I will. I also disputed the accounts several times, that may have helped.

Good luck to everyone!

Bob

Hope that works for me, I just emailed a re-arranged DV letter and tried to make the tone nicer. I paid them recently so I hope he won't mind just deleting.

More success with NCO. I DV'd NCO for collection account from DirecTV. Interesting thing was that the letter they sent instructed me to send payment directly to DirecTV. This probably means that they are just trying to collect on DirecTV'c behalf or something. I sent an e-mail and followed up with a DV letter and it was deleted from my report today. I sent the e-mail 4 days ago. Yippeeee!!

I love this thread! I have a couple of questions. I have several accounts from NCO on my reports. Are those of you that have been successful sending the DV letter directly to Mike B or following the DV process by sending it to whom it may concern and also disputing it with the CRA? Want to make sure before I send anything out.

Is it best to DV via email to the contact at NCO or mail the letter? I'm confused on whether or not I still need to dispute with CRA. If I dispute with CRA, what is my reason? Sorry, I've read so much information that I am easily confused lately.

Thanks for the help and for sharing such great info!

I sent a dv letter cmrrr , I emailed the same letter to Mike B and I also disputed with the cra's. My account was past sol and it had been reaged. I bet NCO would provide validation or their version of validation if the debt was still within sol and collectable.

Thank you Trying*Harder for giving us the heads up for emailing NCO. I, too, followed suit and sent an email. Only I sent my "DV email" to Lisa Signore (in the legal compliance dept) and Audrey Atkins (another higher up in the corp) about two weeks ago and just today I received a letter in the mail indicating they are also removing their inq's off my CR. It is very interesting how a CA will promptly comply with deleting erroneous info off your CR once you enforce your consumer rights under the FDCPA/FCRA.

Also, an additional address to write NCO other than the Horsham, PA add is: 150 Crosspoint Parkway, Crosspoint Business Park, Getzville, NY 14068. You might want to address the DV to the Compliance Dept.

Good Luck everyone!

: 150 Crosspoint Parkway, Crosspoint Business Park, Getzville, NY 14068.

This is across the street from where my husband works. This isn't one of their major offices... it's mainly a call center from what I know.

Thought I might throw that in.

: 150 Crosspoint Parkway, Crosspoint Business Park, Getzville, NY 14068.

This is across the street from where my husband works. This isn't one of their major offices... it's mainly a call center from what I know.

Thought I might throw that in.

Hey Thanks Sky Warner for the FYI. I am just glad to know there is more than one address for NCO since their Horsham, PA office do not respond to DV letters.

I had paid three accounts with them recently. I emailed a polite DV letter and I received a letter today that they deleted 2 of them, and cannot find the third. I will write back to them with more info on the 3rd acount. The letter they sent was very nice! It came from Vice Prez of Legal Compliance Dept. I am sure the third will be deleted also if I can help them locate it.

Happy day!

Hey ibdeujo2, what is Lisa Signore's email addy, if you don't mind sharing that with me? I'd like to keep it noted for future references in case I have to deal with NCO in the near future...

I sent letters to the CRA's, NCO address being reported to the CRA's, and one letter to Mike B of NCO. I removed the stuff about suing, hoping that it made the letter a little nicer.

Long story short, I'm qualified to buy a house but can only get an 80/20 loan if I raise my score by 22 points. My mortgage company is telling me now that I've sent the dispute letters, I should call the CRA's. He says they will delete immediately and investigate later. Is this true? From reading, I've always thought it shows disputed but not deleted. I have proof that someone else has used my credit fraudulently but no proof as to which negative trade lines were impacted by the fraudulent activity.

Since NCO has most of my trade lines, I want to also go ahead and send emails to all the highers ups you all have mentioned in this thread. I was going to explain that I need the deletions ASAP because my financing is contingent upon this. Is it a bad idea to let them know that I need them? Should I wait to see the results of the dispute before trying to email them directly?

I don't want to mess this up. Any help is appreciated! If I can get quick responses from NCO, the mortgage co says my loan is a go, but I need it within the next couple of weeks or I'll lose the house.

Please pray for me!

You may want to bump this thread so that you could get an immediate response from others who may be watching this thread

I wish I could help you, but unfortunately I don't have any advice to give you other than to possibly make this a new topic and move it to the Mortgages forum...... :(

Maybe an expert or one of the vets will chime in, as I said, sorry I can't help you, I'm fairly new to this credit repair thing :roll:

Give it some time, they took about a week and a half to respond to my emails (this includes snail mail time because they sent me a letter).

Yeah, I was beginning to wonder if they were ever going to respond. I sent them my second DV (I was a little more stern this time around) last Thursday, so I will give it a little more time to see if they send a response at all. Meanwhile, I'll just have to wait for the investigation results to come back from EQ to see if they verified.

I had a couple of NCO-MedCLR on my CRs and they were deleted w/the 1st dispute to EQ.... I believe there was 1 that came back verified so I sent them a DV letter and they sent me their computer generated statement and when I sent them a 2nd DV...they never responded but the items were off my CR... I also sent an email to Mike B...

I don't know exactly what worked but they all came off my report.. I guess persistence and a reminder to either do their job right or get off!!