NCO finally folded!!! I sent out my second DV via CMRRR and also emailed the CEO and the VP, and NCO has been deleted off my CRs! :BigDance: Damn, that never felt so good. I was beginning to wonder if they were ever going to fall off. When I received their letter, I jumped for joy, then pulled my CRs and see that their TLs have been deleted! Thank you CIC and everyone here for all of your help!! I couldn't have done it w/out u guys!!! :twothumbsup: Now that I've gotten NCO taken care of, I'm now working harder on the other beast that's ruining my CRs, A$$et Acceptance. They're screwing me up big time and they won't budge. Seems to me though that I'm gonna have to whip out the "whine and complain" routine to the AG and the FTC.

Congrats on your success armedandready! I sent my DV's May 1. I hope to hear something soon. I am ready to hit send on a couple of emails to the names shared in this thread.

Also, thank you for recommending I bump over to the mortgage forum. I got some great advice to help me. I've already gained 7 points and if everything goes according to plan, I should have an update with good news very soon!

All the best to you and everyone else that is sharing info on the board! You all have given me hope!

Good luck Jayla! I know it felt good to know that NCO had finally given up on me, at least for now. I'm just on the look out right now to see if they re-insert or try anything else. Hence, if they do, I'll be armed and ready!! Much success to you.......

I sent them some more info on the account of mine that they couldn't find, which helped themto find it, and they've sent me a letter that they are deleting that too!

Hello all,

:oops: I am confused. I have read ALL the threads and I am even more confused now than when I started. I know this is an old thread but it pertains to my situation and I need help. I have several, I mean several TL's on my reports from NCO. THe majority of them are paid collections. I have 1, maybe two that I plan to pay before weeks end.

I have read several posts that people have emailed the "higer ups" their DV's and recieved quick responses and even deletions. What steps should I take to get rid of these paid collections? If anyone could help by giving step by step directions I would so much appreciate it. :oops:

I am so sorry about this but my brain is now spilling out of my ear..

Thank you in advance,

Lyle

Hi Lyle,

From my own personal experience and that of many others NCO is very easy to deal with-they don't give much fuss.

Have you tried disputing them with the CRAs? A lot of my medical collections from NCO were deleted that way. This is a particular post on how to remove paid collections-it can help you a lot if you haven't read it already!

http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14811

If after disputing w/the CRAs they don't come off then do e-mail the higher ups and ask them to delete the TL... They're very easy at deleting TLs so I don't see it difficult.

No need to DV or GW letter because this is something completely different!

Do not worry, it's not difficult at all... Just dispute w/the CRAs and if they don't delete.. email the higher ups at NCO and you'll see results!

Keep us posted and good luck!

Lyle, I forgot to mention this... if you have any other questions please post it under "collections".. not too many people read this NCO success post as often as they read posts under collections. It will gtd. you greater results!

After you get all that stuff deleted..you post here and a couple of us will congratulate you and give you some balloons and some happy smileys! :D (like this one!)

Good Luck!

Thanks NJGrl,

You have ALWAYS been a tremendous help to me. I have disputed with CRA's (4/29/06) and have no response as of todays date. If they don't come off or come back "verified" what kind of content should be in this email. You would'nt happen to have an example would you. I am not good at writing these types of letters and dont want to mess it up as I feel you only have one shot.

Thanks NYGrl!!

Lyle

Lyle, I re-worded my emailed DV request to make it more polite. They deleted my accounts immediately, and mine had been paid recently. I really don't think they mind doing it; you'll have no trouble. :)

thanks hinky!!! :D

On a different note I replied to your post regarding inquiry deletions under the credit repair thread "it's starting to work"

Thanks again,

Lyle

Yea! This really works!!!! Guess who had 8 NCO trade lines deleted? Yep, ME!! 8 TL gone from TU and 3 gone from EXP. I don't know the status with CSC (EQ). I can't seem to find a phone number that leads to a human being. I can't get the results on line with CSC since I didn't dispute on-line. WAAHOOOOOO!

Anyone have a number for CSC? My Loan Officer won't re-pull until I get confirmation on deletions from CSC also.

WAHOOOOOO! Can anyone tell I am happy?

Congratulations Jayla!!! :lol:

Keep up your great job!!! :wink:

:lol: Great Job!!!

I CAN NOT wait to get some a' that love!! I ahve about 6 of theose bad boys that I need to get rid of.

Congrats on your success!!

Lyle

Thank you to everyone who contributes here. I'm somewhat of a newbie, read up on the processes suggested, asked a few questions and then DV'd NCO on a disputed account of approx $6700 - and total success within 1 week from mailing the DV. You guys are great! :D

Thanks to All! Sent email to Lisa Signore Friday and all NCO gone from my EX report. Will check with TU after lunch.

I am so glad that I found this site and have learned so much. You cannot imagine how much help you all have been! :D:everybodyclap:

Hooten, Were they paid collections?

And can you post a copy of the email sent to Lisa? This question has been asked so many times before. I think it would be great to give people some ideas on how to word their mails!!

Thanks and CONGRATS!!

Regards,

Lyle

Thanks Lyle,

I am having problems getting into my email. I am at work, but will get copy of letter asap. I had 3 NCOS. One was paid and two were not. One was recent, which I paid right off. Only 100.00.

The other 2 were from years ago from Progressive Insurance. I am pretty sure I cancelled my insurance with them when I sold vehicles, so I should not have had to pay anything. I just hope they don't pop back up with someone else.

Here is the email I sent to NCO. Hope it helps anyone and feel free to use, maybe change a little. I found this from another post and tried to find to give credit to them. I did change the wording a bit.

Dear Ms. Signore:

This letter is a request for validation of two collection accounts you have reporting on my credit reports. Account numbers are ****** and ****** for Progressive Insurance. This is a request for validation not verification pursuant to The Fair Debt Collection Act. I have had these on my reports for some time and just do not understand how or why I owe this money.

I request that you do not use my email or home address I have provided you for collection activities, but for the sole purpose of validating the debts. If you cannot provide validation to my request, please remove all entries you have from credit reports on Trans Union, Equifax and Experian as soon as possible and please notify me when this has been done. I had another account with you that was posted on my credit earlier this year for a medical bill and it was promptly paid one month later, even though it was reported as I was paying on it. Therefore, you will see that I try and take care of debts that I actually owe.

Thank you for time and assistance in this matter.

Sincerely,

Everyone:

Thanks for all of the great posts about NCO. It certainly gives me a lot to think about as I continue my own NCO process. I'd like to get a veteran NCO-er's advice on my situation.

I owe NCO $639 for a Sprint PCS account. The account is mine, I do not dispute that it's mine. I have the money to either pay in full, or settle. I have tried the PFD route, they are not biting. I realize that it might be tricky to try to DV after attempting a PFD, but I would be willing to give it a shot-- especially if I DV someone higher up the food chain.

I am not willing to risk them sending this debt to another agency whom I will have to DV and fight all over again. This is my debt, I'm owning up to it, I have the money to pay it and I want it off my back. What I do not want, however, is the five more years of a paid collection TL on my CR. Is NCO pretty likely to ignore a CRA dispute once paid and I'll get a deletion? Would this more likely go away forever without risk of reappearing if I DV or dispute after paying?

Thanks for the help.

Yipeee!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I recieved a letter today from NCO stating that all three of my accounts are now closed and that they have DELETED all their entries on my CR's.

I followed the advice of the follks on this thead and it worked!! :D

I emailed Lisa Signore (VP of Legal) of NCO and she replied the very next day!!!! She stated that NCo would be sending me some information by mail in the next couple of days!!

thank you all!!

Lyle

Ok I'm gonna give this a try.

It is for an account that is not mine. I just received an initial contact letter from them yesterday. I E-mailed Lisa Signore. I hope she can get this resolved quickly. I stress toooo easy. :?

I will post a reply or edit this post with an update when/if I get a response.

Thanks for the help all and lyle7289 for pointing me to this thread. :D

*update 1* Got a read receipt. She actually read my E-mail within 5 minutes of me sending. That is pretty good! Now lets just hope she can clear this up.