No worries!!!

:D

Good Luck and keep us posted on your successes!!

Regards,

Lyle

Well so far no response. If I have not heard from them by the 3rd I will send a Validation letter CMRR. I have saved the read receipt and a copy I BCC of the email I sent to them to myself for the purposes of electronic communication.

I noticed that some of the posts with email addresses are pretty old. Not sure if th email addresses in those posts are still accurate? Can I please get a list of NCO email contacts? Just want to make sure addresses are updated before emailing!! Also, should I pay first then try to get it removed or vice versa?

Who's attention should I send my dv letter to?

I just got a letter from NCO saying they are investigating the debt, so I don't think they are automatically dropping cases anymore.

I sent Lisa an email and poof, NCO gone three days later. I sent the nice letter and modified it slightly to make it more original. I cant believe they just dropped a collection over $3K like that. Although I also disputed it through the CRA I doubt all three CRA dropped it. NCO address is still listed as a creditor contact though. I really hope that baddie is gone. Now on to the OC, MBNA.

I think NCO went through a period where they were dropping anything that was disputed because they were under a microscope with many violations.

Now that the heat is off them a little, they might not be so accommodating.

I also requested a return read receipt from my email. We shall see... it's for a mesaly $175, but still. I don't want it on my CR.

'Lisa.Signore@ncogroup.com'

'mike.barrist@ncogroup.com'

RE: Account# 169601-110108

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am continually being called on the telephone by your firm over an alleged $175 debt. I'm sure you are aware of the provisions in the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), and I am requesting validation of this debt. I am requesting proof that I am indeed the party you are asking to pay this debt, and there is some contractual obligation which is binding on me to pay this debt. I request that you stop contacting us on the telephone and restrict your contact with us to writing, and only when you can provide adequate validation of this alleged debt.

To refresh your memory on what constitutes legal validation, I am giving a list of the required documentation:

• Complete payment history; the requirement of which has been established via Spears v Brennan 745 N.E.2d 862; 2001 Ind. App. LEXIS 509

• Agreement that bears the signature of the alleged debtor wherein he agreed to pay the original creditor.

• Letter of sale or assignment from the original creditor to your company. (Agreement with your client that grants you the authority to collect on this alleged debt.) Coppola v. Arrow Financial Services, 302CV577, 2002 WL 32173704(D.Conn., Oct. 29, 2002) - Information relating to the purchase of a bad debt is not proprietary or burdensome. Debtor must phrase their request clearly to obtain: The source of a debt and the amount a bad debt buyer paid for plaintiff's debt, how amount sought was calculated, where in issue a list of reports to credit bureaus, and documents conferring authority on defendant to collect debt.

• Intimate knowledge of the creation of the debt by you, the collection agency.

I'm sure you know, under FDCPA Section 809 (B), you are not allowed to pursue collection activity until the debt is validated. You should be made aware that in TWYLA BOATLEY, Plaintiff, vs. DIEM CORPORATION, No. CIV 03-0762 UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF ARIZONA, 2004, the courts ruled that reporting a collection account indeed is considered collection activity.

Please also provide proof that you are licensed to conduct business for collection activity in the State of New Jersey. It is my understanding that your agency is not licensed and if you continue I will see redress, including reporting to the State Attorney General.

While I prefer not to litigate, I will use the courts as needed to enforce my rights under the FDCPA.

I look forward to an uneventful resolution of this matter.

Sincerely,

Hey guys. I'm not sure what to make of this. Last week I received a letter from NCO telling me they would get back to me on validation. I checked my credit reports and the debt showed up as disputed. Today though, I check my Experian credit report and NCO is gone. Does that mean they are dropping the charges or is it only temporary until they get their guns in order?

I too sent email to Mike Barrist. It was fwd to Lisa Signore. I only provided their account number. She replied that she needed my SSN, full name and address. I replied that she should cross reference with her account number since they reported it to my files. This account DID NOT belong to me and has gone from one CA to another. She said that they could not do anything if I did not provide my personal info. I replied that I would handle the matter through the state attorney general's office and thanked her for her response. Received letter in mail a week later saying that deletions of the account will be made from all CRAs. Should I personally send a copy of this to all CRAs?

I imagine it would be best to just wait to see if they follow through. You already have the letter to use at your disposal if need be. Question is...how long do you give them?

I sent an email to Lisa Signore and in return she asked for more info and the last four numbers of my ss# Should I give her these numbers. She should already have them right.

Thanks, Gary

I sent Lisa a nice email. I had 2 different NCO TLs for the same account. She replied with a letter stating that one was deleted and that she needed a copy of the TL for the other. I gave her everything she wanted and was nice in the letter. She sent a prompt reply that the accounts were now closed and TLs would be deleted.

I sent my DV letter today to the 3 emails listed on this thread. Everyone keep their fingers crossed. My questions are:

1) I have 2 entries on my CR's for 2 different $ amounts and they are the same account # but one says: NCO FIN/22 NCO ASSIG What exactly does this mean? The other is listed : NCO FIN/99

2) This was last paid on almost 5yrs ago now and the SOL for my state is only 4yrs. So it's outside the SOL, think that will make a big difference in them wanting to remove it?

Thanks so much for this thread!! It's awesome!!!!

I sent a message to lisa and mike on Friday morning (9/29.) To date I have not heard anything back from them on my email. We'll see what happens.

Here's a copy of the letter I sent:

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing in request of Debt Validation on an account you recently placed on my credit report. Be advised that I am not refusing to pay but rather I am requesting validation of this account and I am sending this notice pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

I request that you please provide me with the following.

1. Please tell me what the money you say I owe is for.

2. Please tell me who the original creditor is.

3. Please provide me with copies of any papers that show I agreed to pay what you say I owe.

4. Explain and show me how you calculated what you say I owe

5. Show me that you are licensed to collect in my state.

6. Please provide me proof of your agreement to collect the debt on behalf of the original creditor.

I will also let you know that prior to any written communication from your company; NCO placed a collection on my credit report which adversely affects my credit score. During this validation period if you report invalidated information to any credit bureau this action might constitute fraud and would be cause for legal action.

If you can provide the proper documentation as requested I will need 10 days to investigate and pay, if necessary, any monies owed.

Please do not call me about this matter but rather please correspond via email or USPS.

If your office fails to respond to this validation request within 30 days you must comply and delete all trade lines from my credit file and a copy of that deletion should also be sent to me for my records.

"personal account info here."

I hope to resolve this matter promptly and uneventfully. I ask that you please help me to do that.

Thank you,

Well I heard back from Lisa today and she said it would be 30 days from the date I sent the email. So guess we will see what she comes up with........

I received a response back from Lisa Signore today. Its insane, the papers she sent from the OC say 0 balance owed on both pieces. Except for where she obviously wrote the amounts in and marked zero out in blue ink. What options do I have?

Thanks, Gary

I sent a DV letter to Assetcare, which was collecting on NCO's behalf, and the NCO entry has been removed from all 3 CRA's. Is this for real or can I expect them to pop back up in a couple of months? Anyone know?

So I received a letter back from Lisa and sure enough the debt is validated. It looks like I owe Progressive insurance $200. Should I deal with Lisa and offer to make a payment or wait to see what she comes back with. The have reportedly updated my credit reports to show a dispute and will provide more information within the 30 day time frame.

Any thoughts?